Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done my research and it has come down to these two tires (285/70/17). Most of my driving will be on the road, with some occasional trail driving. I would like to be able to have good on-road traction in snow/ice and the same off road in snow or mud. I don't anticipate doing much rock crawling.

I have seen much written about the Toyo M/T and have a friend that loves them, but I do not want to go the 295/70/17 route (they arent available in 285s). Also, I want to be able to get the best mpg that I can as this is my daily driver.

The the Toyo A/T and BFG T/A are comparable in price, and the only difference I can find is that the Toyos weigh about 10 lb lighter (49 lb vs 59 for the BFG). They both are rated to last 50k or better and many people here love their BFGs. Anything negative about the Toyo A/T tires?

By the way, Nittos are not being considered because they are even heavier than the BFGs and I have heard people complain their mileage went down noticeably.

Bonehead

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have the Nitto Terras. You might be thinking on of the Nitto Trail grapper. The Terras are very similar to the Toyo ATs. I have had them for 20+K and I have more than have the thread left.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts