Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:bananahump-slvrathl Toyota 50th Anniversary Celebration

OPEN TO ALL SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA 4WD TOYOTA OWNERS

On Saturday, October 27th, 2007, there will be a party at the Toyota Museum in Torrance, CA from 10 am to 5 pm to commemorate Toyota's 50th anniversary in the United States.

There will be food, guest speakers from Toyota, local press and lots of Land Cruisers! Toyota America is asking that everyone who owns a Land Cruiser, and who is interested in attending, to show up with their rig to form the largest group of Land Cruisers ever assembled. It would be ideal if you could attend with your collection of restored and unique rigs. Please RSVP for catering purposes.

Here's the Toyota Museum's website: 50th Anniversary Home

The event address:

Toyota U.S.A. Automobile Museum
2076 W. Artesia Boulevard
Torrance, CA 90504

For more info, please contact me at (213) 494-6392 or email me at [email protected] or you can contact the Toyota Museum curator, Susan Sanborn, at (310) 468-4728 or email her at [email protected]

Best regards and we hope to see you and your cruisers there to celebrate this anniversary.

Respectfully Submitted,

Mark Watkins
TLCA L.A. County/Trail Crew
TLCA So Cal Cruisers
TLCA Western Individual Representative

·
Registered
992 Posts
Dang! For those that attend, we all expect pictures GALORE! :)

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Are FJ Cruisers considered "Land Cruisers"?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Cool! right in my backyard!!

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Are FJ Cruisers considered "Land Cruisers"?
Well all FJ cruisers are invited to the largest Land Cruiser meet on the west coast- Surf N Turf 2007

I want to goto this lots of cool stuff to see and free stuff!!!! Maybe I can point out to fender bulges to some top brass.

·
Registered
779 Posts
so...no one knows of FJC are invited?

·
Registered
372 Posts
The event is open to all. The FJ cruiser is the latest in a long line of FJs. Each has been considered a land cruiser. The first "landcruiser" did not have Landcruiser in the name, but FJ! End of discussion. I'll be there with my other Landcruiser buddies, driving 80 series, 100 series and FJC rigs.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Want to setup a meet up time? A caravan over from say... Cerritos?

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
We could meet there at 10? There is lunch at Toyota right? :)

·
Banned
2,998 Posts
The event starts at 10, so a little "fashionably-lateness" would be OK....should I wash off the Mojave dirt before the event? :D

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Found this pic on the Toyota50th site from post #1. How cool is this!!!!

Date: 1969
An unusual display demonstrates the versatility of the Toyota Land Cruiser at the 1969 Chicago Auto Show. The Land Cruiser, Toyota’s flagship vehicle since 1958, played a key role in cultivating America’s interest in off road recreation. It is also the only vehicle continuously sold in Toyota’s lineup since coming to America.

AND to answer the long debated question of whether or not the FJC is a LC...from the history of the Land Cruiser pdf from the same site...read the last line. There, Done, 'Nuff Said.
The early Land Cruiser was a rugged piece of durable workmanship epitomized by the FJ 40. The iconic FJ40 replaced the FJ25 in 1960, priced at $2,665 for the soft-top and $2,995 for the hardtop, and powered by a 135hp 6-cylinder model F engine. The FJ40 featured a fold-down windshield, a 4 speed manual transmission, canvas-top doors and curtains on soft-top models, hub caps, a tool box, hydraulic clutch, flashing directional signals, front towing hooks, outside rearview mirrors and oil, fuel, and air cleaners. Options included a winch. The FJ40 was available in many different forms including a longer wheelbase with soft top (FJ43), a four-door wagon with a hard top (FJ45V) and a pickup (FJ45).

In 1967, Toyota introduced the 55 series, a Land Cruiser wagon, that evolved into a rugged SUV. By the mid-1980s, the FJ40 was discontinued and the station wagon became a luxury SUV.

In 2006, the newest Land Cruiser, the FJ Cruiser, was introduced with styling reminiscent of the early FJ models in its design.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts