Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess this has probably been posted somewhere on the forums but my quick search didn't see it - so posting it. Only had a moment to search and have to run. Mods can delete if already elsewhere.

Toyota and Scion Announce Prices on Select 2009 Models
Toyota and Scion Announce Prices on Select 2009 Models | Reuters

The 2009 FJ Cruiser Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV) adds driver and front passenger active headrests, roll-sensing curtain airbags, a VSC cut-off
switch, front map light, and a driver-side vanity mirror as standard equipment.

The FJ also adds three new colors -- non-metallic Black, Silver, and Iceberg White with all-white monochromatic finish. The base MSRP for the FJ Cruiser will range from $23,320 for the 4x2 V6 with a five-speed automatic transmission to $24,910 for the 4x4 V6 automatic. Overall, the price of the 2009 FJ Cruiser increases by $275, or 1.1 percent.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
The non mettallic colors are going to be popular.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
I wonder if they are going to start offering pre-blacked out versions as well. I would imagine they would, they would making a killing of the parts alone.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Maybe Forest Green will be the color of a Special Edition run in 2009. Toyota seems to be taking its sweet time about putting a green color into the FJ line-up. For those that don't remember, Forest Green was available on the 78 FJ40 and it is a dark rich green, somewhat similar to a British Racing Green or the color of Steve McQueen's Mustang in the movie Bullet rather than the light tones of green seen on many cars today.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
BAH - Damn them :flame: ...putting Iceberg white in as a standard color - kinda devalues the uniqueness of the Trail Teams Edition of this year. Hell, now I gotta really get to work on graphics and such.

Howls,
FJ Wolf

·
Registered
305 Posts
BAH - Damn them :flame: ...putting Iceberg white in as a standard color - kinda devalues the uniqueness of the Trail Teams Edition of this year. Hell, now I gotta really get to work on graphics and such.

Howls,
FJ Wolf
I agree, what makes the TT special now other than a $3,000 bend over and screw you premium?

That royally sucks, thanks Toyota. :flame:

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts
Maybe Forest Green will be the color of a Special Edition run in 2009. Toyota seems to be taking its sweet time about putting a green color into the FJ line-up. For those that don't remember, Forest Green was available on the 78 FJ40 and it is a dark rich green, somewhat similar to a British Racing Green or the color of Steve McQueen's Mustang in the movie Bullet rather than the light tones of green seen on many cars today.
or good old SEMA green....

the color, the myth, the legend...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Couldn't resist popping back in for a minute...

Kansas Law Dog: I was also a little bummed not to see a green color mentioned. I was hoping for the exact thing you mentioned and keeping my fingers crossed for a green 2009 SE. I know it's not retro but this is the green color I'd love to see offered.

FJ Wolf: I hear you on the Iceberg as a standard color thing. That seems a bummer for the SE folks. I would have thought Toyota would have waited one more year before offering Iceberg to keep it "special."

·
Registered
817 Posts

Howls,
FJ Wolf
I agree, what makes the TT special now other than a $3,000 bend over and screw you premium?

That royally sucks, thanks Toyota. :flame:
Yep - I agree - I liked the white because it was hard to "fake" a TT edition, guess it wont be anymore!

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
NON METALLIC BLACK!! FTW!

Damnit.

That was my biggest gripe when i got the FJ. They made the best color METALLIC! Who in their right mind puts a metallic color on a 4x4!? They are so difficult to touch up.

·
Registered
242 Posts

Howls,
FJ Wolf
White has been avaliable all year here without the TT edition

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Glad I didnt by a TT :lol: I bet there's going to be qwite a few all whites running around now trying to imitate it.
Gimme white and $4000 to spend on mods......deal.:cheers:

1 - 20 of 123 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.