Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Toyota Australia has just announced pricing of the soon to be released in OZ FJ Cruiser,not as bad as i thought it would be!
$44990 AUS. Dollars plus on road costs which in my state would add approx. another $3000.Official release date is 28th of March,i can hardly wait to share some pictures with you guys once i decide which colour
regards
AUSSIE CRUISER:wave:

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Good luck Aussie Cruiser!

·
Registered
677 Posts
How does that price compare with the price of a comparable Prado:cheers:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Compared to a Prado there is an approx. difference of $15000 to $20000 Aussie dollars so it makes the FJ good buying

·
Premium Member
6,519 Posts
Any chance it going to have a turbo diesel option?

DEWFPO

·
Registered
54 Posts
Right hand drive I assume?

Could this mean that toyota may look at a desiel option for the FJ?? I could only hope!!! Maybe the twin turbo V8 from the new 70 series? I hate to get my hopes up but I could dream..

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
Right hand drive I assume?

Could this mean that toyota may look at a desiel option for the FJ?? I could only hope!!! Maybe the twin turbo V8 from the new 70 series? I hate to get my hopes up but I could dream..
!Cruzer! is selling his amazing FJ because he is moving back to Aus. and would have to convert it to right hand drive.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Guys
I filled up with diesel yesterday,(Tuesday ),it cost me $142.9 per litre,bloody expensive at the moment and petrol is exactly the same but if you shop around you can always buy petrol a few cents cheaper.
There is no diesel option available in OZ,we only have the one model to choose from,auto, v6 petrol,alloy wheels,reverse camera and sensors,rear diff lock.At the present i own a 2007 landcruiser turbo diesel v8 station wagon,over here we call them the 76 series,a good tow vechile.I hope this answer's some of the questions asked,it is good touching base with people who like the same machine,feel free to ask more questions.
Could i get some pictures posted of the 2011 FJ Cruisers in Army Green as this is one of the colours i am seriously thinking of buying and most photos i have seen are a bit hard to see,thanks in advance
regards
AUSSIE CRUISER

·
Registered
238 Posts
cant wait for those pictures aussie! I would go with army green or titanium, thats just my opinion. Also those two colors seem to be the toughest ones to spot on the road atleast for me that is and i like the colors.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hi, I'm located near Newcastle. Keen to keep abreast of you guys purchasing FJ's in Oz. Currently have a 120 series Prado and took an FJ for a test drive today. I'm very impressed. Looking to add roof basket, towbar, ARB Lift and ARB Bullbar with mud tyres. I have previously also owned Jeeps but the build quality and reliability of Toyota keeps shining through. Keep me posted of all mods and prices.

·
Registered
117 Posts
$49395 drive away business rego in titanium with front window tint

some sydney dealers quoted me $49990 for non metallic paint, so i said :wave:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Wilfred
Dealer took me for another test drive on Thursday,FJ DRIVES FANTASTIC!
I had already placed my order a week ago,finaly decided on Sandstorm for my colour,in America the colour is called Quicksand.
My dealer is still telling me delivery will not be until June or July and i am the secound person to order thru them,has your dealer given you a tracking code yet so that you can follow your order thru Toyota's web site?this is one way of making sure the dealer is being totaly honest with delivery date
regards
AUSSIE CRUISER

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you guys think price will become softer (easier to negotiate a discount) in July/August this year after the initial rush? IS waiting time about 2 to 3 months from order currently?

Those adding aftermarket bullbar what is your take on voiding Toyota warranty as I think they are restricting it to a light nudge bar only to prevent overloading the front?

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Interesting. The FJ launch date in Australia is 5 years later than the US to the day, if I recall correctly. I think the official launch date in the US and Canada was 28 March 2006. Although I seem to remember that someone in Canada took delivery on the 25th of March.

When it was launched in the US and Canada it was listed as a 2007 model, which continued for 19 months (March 2006 through September 2007). The 2008 model was released in October os 2007.

There is a law on the US books that states a model year can only crossover only one January 1st. Therefore, theoretically at least, a single model year could be 729 days (January 2 of year one through December 31 of year two).

Is the Aussie RH drive model listed as a 2011 or 2012 model? If it's a 2011 then the vehicle will only be sold for 6 or 7 months, before the 2012 appears at the dealerships.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Wilfred - Has your dealer confirmed the date of your Titanium FJ. I ordered mine (same colour) over two weeks ago. He was hoping to swap one of his two FJ's in Hornet and Voodoo with another dealer who has a Titanium. But the other dealer won't give it up. It will be now June before I have my own girl. The Quake in Japan has affected things as well.

Also I finally took one for a drive yesterday and was very very happy with everthing! So I may have been a little quick to order, but I'm so glad I did

1 - 20 of 37 Posts