Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I opened my mail today and among the endless bills and mortgage offers I noticed something from the dealer (ANDY MOHR Toyota,Avon,IN) where I bought my FJC. I opened it and found my new Toyota care card with details on benifits and a pretty credit card style card with microchip that has all of my FJC's info as well as maintanence records. The benifits include:

10 free oil changes
6 free brake inspections
10 free safety/trip inspections
3 rental car with $250 in service

there are also many discounts offered. Things like $30 off parts and accessories,towing,keys,tire rotation,alignment and many more.

Is this the norm? Does everyone get this?...or is it just offered by some of the larger dealers?

Either way it seems like a pretty good deal. I have bought a couple cars from Lexus in the past and was always blown away by how well I was treated at the dealership. But I must say that Toyota has made the experience one to remember. I loved the items that they gave me when I bought my FJC (free window tint + 100,000 mi warrenty) Then they added the mini FJ and now the care card. I will surley use the card for the 10 free oil changes. Great job Toyota!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Toyota followed up the care card (see below)with more goodies today! Out of the blue appeared a booklet of free car washes in the mail from Andy Mohr Toyota.:jawdrop:

·
Registered
624 Posts
DANG! I'm jealous! I actually bought my FJ in Elgin, IL but we now live in Indy and Andy Mohr is my local for oil changes, etc. Let me just tell you, I've received NOTHING from Elgin Toyota so hats off to Andy Mohr for sending that stuff your way. They have always been great to work with and extremely helpful (I've only dealt with parts dept. and service however).

·
Registered
203 Posts
Thats some cool stuff you have there!

I am always a little skeptical when I start getting things like that though...not that its not good stuff....but that I actually have already paid for it...via the purchase of the vehicle. These are some of the techniques dealers use to mark up the price, as well as TV ads, magazine and radio. Its all factored in there.

My dealer gives me three free oil changes...one at 5, 10, and 15 thousand miles. Thats about it...but I paid almost $2500 less than I would have at a dealer not 35 miles away.....:jawdrop:

your not involved with SE Toyota though....thats a BIG DIFFERENCE!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DANG! I'm jealous! I actually bought my FJ in Elgin, IL but we now live in Indy and Andy Mohr is my local for oil changes, etc. Let me just tell you, I've received NOTHING from Elgin Toyota so hats off to Andy Mohr for sending that stuff your way. They have always been great to work with and extremely helpful (I've only dealt with parts dept. and service however).
We need to have an Indiana FJ get together at some point...Badlands,Haspin Acres or maybe Redbird. I have been to Haspin on my quad and it is pretty good. Good camping too! Maybe in the spring as snow will fall soon.

What do ya think?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Count me in ....
Sweet..where are you located? I think Badlands is more central but I am open for any suggestions anyone in the midwest has. Maybe we should start a new thred and see if we can draw some interest from IL,OH,KY cruisers as well.

are you in too stnmikita?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Sweet..where are you located? I think Badlands is more central but I am open for any suggestions anyone in the midwest has. Maybe we should start a new thred and see if we can draw some interest from IL,OH,KY cruisers as well.

are you in too stnmikita?
Hi Guys,

Sorry for the lapse, gone for the afternoon.

That would be outstanding. I am as new and green to wheeling as you can possibly get and would love to get together with some folks who know what the hell they're doing. I've heard good things about both Haspin and Badlands. Count me in!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good deal!!!Thats 3 in a few hours. Anyone else interested?

What color is your FJ stnmikita? Mine is Black Diamond and I am all over town every day as I drive from client to client. Wave me down if you see me. You will know my FJC if you see it because I have a one of a kind light bar on my roof rack.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts