Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had already removed all my emblems. I relocated my FJ CRUISER one inside. I didnt want to throw away the oval TOYOTA emblem. I had an idea of where to put it, what do you think?http://
I had it on the chrome way 1st,,,,and decided that it looked better blacked out.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I took my emblems and painted then Clear pearl Black. Kept the Toyota emblems on the left rear and took off the Cruiser and left the "FJ" centered on the right rear. I was also thinking of just putting the Oval and the FJ Emblems on the right side and leave the letterings of Toyota and Cruiser at home.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Way cool!!!

·
Registered
588 Posts
very cool! I'm on the fence where and which ones I wanna put back on, I already have them off...

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
heat gun?

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
Fishing line and a a hair dryer or wait for a warmer day.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I like your idea of putting the emblems inside. Maybe I will have to think something like that. I took mine off about a month ago and they are just sitting around collecting dust.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Are you guys doing any special prep to paint them? The chrome finish seems like it wouldn't hold paint too well. I'm going to debadge mine this weekend and I'd like to paint the FJ, but I want to do it right. :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are you guys doing any special prep to paint them? The chrome finish seems like it wouldn't hold paint too well. I'm going to debadge mine this weekend and I'd like to paint the FJ, but I want to do it right. :)

Thanks!
Use an adhesive promoter...such as a 3m, then prime and paint....let it dry good between coats.....good luck...and post pictures when u r done

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
I put the painted black FJ Cruiser emblem on the side.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
heat gun?
I don't think I'd recommend a "heat gun", of course unless you want to remove the paint with the emblem.

Took all mine off, this is what I decided to do after running barea$$ naked for a year or so, it's the only badging left on the truck.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts