Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you want something that custom then get a Bentley. If its gonna take you 10 years to pay it off as you stated you might stick with the base model.
My 2011 TTSE was fully paid for when I drove it off the lot. All these goddamn financing commercials make me sick. I pretty much never buy anything I can't afford, always pay off my credit card bill when it comes, etc.

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
I think that the point is that not every vehicle can be made special orders. It just doesn't make sense for them financially. That's why the aftermarket industry exists. Almost every vehicle I've owned has had something I really wished I could have gotten on it, but it just doesn't work that way. It's the same as going to the grocery store and being angry at General Mills that you can't get marshmallows in your grape nuts. Or maybe that's Post. Whatever. :)

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
My 2011 TTSE was fully paid for when I drove it off the lot. All these goddamn financing commercials make me sick. I pretty much never buy anything I can't afford, always pay off my credit card bill when it comes, etc.
Did you buy your house straight up too without a mortgage? The amount of people that can afford a $32,000+ vehicle without some form of financing is incredibly small, thus they have financing so people can actually buy their vehicles.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did you buy your house straight up too without a mortgage? The amount of people that can afford a $32,000+ vehicle without some form of financing is incredibly small, thus they have financing so people can actually buy their vehicles.
I don't see much point in owning a house, but that's another issue. My problem is they constantly advertise they'll finance anybody, regardless of bad credit, etc. Giving people things they can't afford....isn't that why the housing market went to ****? Banks were handing out mortgages and loans to anybody, and half the people couldn't pay them back.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I don't see much point in owning a house, but that's another issue. My problem is they constantly advertise they'll finance anybody, regardless of bad credit, etc. Giving people things they can't afford....isn't that why the housing market went to ****? Banks were handing out mortgages and loans to anybody, and half the people couldn't pay them back.
Oh yeah I'm with you on that. If you can't afford the payments then you absolutely shouldn't be buying something. I thought you were saying you are against financing in general.

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
I'm going to see if I can buy the next one with bit coins.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
so how about the spareparts?
I wouldn't worry about that in the least. My former interest was Chevrolets from the 1950s. When parts no longer remain profitable for the car company someone buys the rights and produces "collector parts". For example, you can buy a brand new complete 1957 Chevy Bel Air body. See the link below for an example.

The 1957 Chevy Convertible Body

I lost interest because the reliability gap is incredible. Since about 2005, new cars have become incredibly reliable. Forty plus years ago, working on your car was an every-other-weekend ritual.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Why do they lose value if they are not stock? I bought my new14 off the lot with a lift and big wheels and tires. Is tat stock since it came that way?

101 - 115 of 115 Posts