Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Vendor
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Toyota FJ Cruiser Interior LED

At Diode Dynamics, we carry a full line of LED replacements, to replace your Toyota FJ Cruiser's dome lights, license plate lights, trunk light, turn signals, and more!

We carry the brightest, highest-quality bulbs at the lowest prices. Your order will ship same day, and we're here if you need us for support and service. These LED bulbs are designed by us here in St. Louis, and every bulb carries with it a three-year limited warranty.

Your dome, map, and cargo lights use an incandescent bulb from the factory, giving it a yellowish color. By replacing them with an LED, you can add a luxurious and modern look to your FJ Cruiser, with a cool white color, just like the lights on newer luxury vehicles. You can also increase the brightness with SMF4 or SMD12 Board, to improve the performance of your interior lighting.

The installation is 100% plug-and-play, just replace your FJ Cruiser's factory bulbs!

Bulb Design:

HP3: One high-power SMD under a diffusing lens for truly even output (no hotspots). Constant current design and air-cooled base for superior reliability. Features dual contact pins and nonpolar function for easy installation.

HP5: Four high-power SMDs, under a diffusing lens. Just like the HP3, but run at higher power, with integrated copper plating for superior heat dissipation, allowing maximum brightness.

SMF2: This bulb has a standard festoon base, with two forward-facing 5050-size Epistar SMDs. Direct replacement, plug and play.

SMF6: Standard festoon base, with six 5050-size Epistar SMD chips arranged on a rectangular panel.

SMD12 Board: This is an LED panel, fitted with 12 5050-size Epistar SMD chips. Comes with spring-loaded festoon-style adapter for direct installation. Plug the adapter into the bulb socket, then just stick the board in place with the mounting adhesive pad. The board-and-adapter design allows for extremely high brightness compared to a simple bulb.

Brightness

SMF2: (16 lumens) Slightly lower brightness than OEM bulbs, but still provides the crisp, modern color of LED.
SMF6: (94 lumens) Slightly higher brightness than OEM bulbs.
SMD12 Board: (118 lumens) Much brighter than OEM bulbs. These are bright!

Lumens: BUYER BEWARE! Most sellers just provide "calculated" lumen numbers, based on the maximum potential brightness of the LED chips on the bulb. For example, if a bulb has five 10-lumen chips, they will rate it at 50 lumens. However, this is not accurate, as the design of an LED bulb does not get rid of heat fast enough to run the LEDs at maximum.

These "calculated" lumen ratings are much, much higher than the true, measured light output, so it will look like competitors' bulbs are brighter than ours. This is because Diode Dynamics does not provide inflated "calculated" numbers; we believe it is misleading. We test the actual brightness of the bulbs in our lab, to provide real lumen output measurements. Our measurements are accurate, but they are usually much lower than the misleading "calculated" figures.

Dome Light LED for 2007-2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Map Light LEDs for 2007-2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser (pair)

Cargo LED for 2007-2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser

All products by Diode Dynamics are backed by a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a three-year limited warranty.

Questions? Feel free to ask here, PM, email [email protected] or call us: (314) 205-3033

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thank you!
Nick C.
Diode Dynamics

·
Registered
17 Posts
Dang I forgot to do that shipping code. Oh well. Great lights though. Can't wait to get them. I ordered the dome and cargo lights about a couple days ago from ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just installed my diode dynamic led smd 12 lights in the dome and cargo. So much brighter then the other LEDs I used to have in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
just a follow up here as I ordered the following bulbs after reading this thread:

Cool White (6000K)
Bulb Model SMF6 (94 lumens)

Color Cool White (6000K)
Bulb Model SMF2 (16 lumens)

Neither of the bulbs I received would fit into my OEM light fixture as both bulbs are apparently too long. They are supposed to be 31mm but I suspect there is some tolerance toward the high end and despite spreading the contacts on the fixture as far apart as I could bend them, alas, there was no way I could install these lights.
The vendor responded quickly and offered to take them back which I appreciate. I went on eBay and found some LED panels with the spring loaded style adapter and they were cheap, bright, arrived fast, and fit perfectly. I'm going with those for now.

Good news is I also ordered brake/taillights from this vendor and they worked just fine.
FYI.

·
Vendor
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
just a follow up here as I ordered the following bulbs after reading this thread:

Cool White (6000K)
Bulb Model SMF6 (94 lumens)

Color Cool White (6000K)
Bulb Model SMF2 (16 lumens)

Neither of the bulbs I received would fit into my OEM light fixture as both bulbs are apparently too long. They are supposed to be 31mm but I suspect there is some tolerance toward the high end and despite spreading the contacts on the fixture as far apart as I could bend them, alas, there was no way I could install these lights.
The vendor responded quickly and offered to take them back which I appreciate. I went on eBay and found some LED panels with the spring loaded style adapter and they were cheap, bright, arrived fast, and fit perfectly. I'm going with those for now.

Good news is I also ordered brake/taillights from this vendor and they worked just fine.
FYI.
My apologies for the confusion, the SMD12 LED boards we offer are definitely the most popular for that application.

We appreciate the feedback and support.

If there's anything else we can do to help, please feel free to reach out to us: (314) 205-3033

Thank you!
Nick C.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just ordered the dome and cargo LED's and took advantage of the 20% off offer- looking forward to getting them installed!

Arrived quickly and got the new LED's installed over the weekend- wish I would have done this sooner! They look great and really brighten up the interior. Easy to install, just like you said, 'plug and play' - took less than 10 minutes to install the dome light and cargo light.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 53 Posts