Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

If money were no object, what you you upgrade/modify first on your FJ?

• Tires

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • Custom Rims

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Lift Kit

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • Paint Job

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Stereo / Sound System

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Custom Bumpers/Winch

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Fender Flares

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Hood Scoop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sleeping Mod

• Wings

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always wanted an FJ, and finally I went out and bought one. I was inspired also on this forum by someone who built a sleeping platform, and I had something built similar, with storage room underneath. I am from the Bay Area and just ordered a custom mattress to fit, a trip fold 3" custom foam mattress. My my entire sleeping platform is removable, and when the two pieces are stacked it fits behind the back seats when the back seats are up. and mattress is a tri fold and fits behind the back seat too. I'm curious to get feedback. This is just the beginning of many modifications I'm about to do to my new ride. :rocker: I also added a pioneer deck Apple car play with front and rear cameras.

Also I added the link below to my sleeping platform inspiration....mine is just easily removable and fits behind the seats in the back when up with plenty of storage space left. Let me know what you think of my setup, also my custom mattress has not come in yet, so the one seen in the picture is a cheap twin folding mattress from amazon.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Welcome... good looking truck.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Sweet sleeping platform. It's very well thought out.

If I had unlimited money, I would put a long travel kit on in a heart beat :grin

·
4-Corners Moderator
5,239 Posts
I chose paint job since you said "if money weren't an object". I would totally do something custom and cool if that were the case! But realistically, my first $$$ towards mods would be tires and a lift like what most others chose. :bigthumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts