·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's officially on the Toyota FJ build site:

2WD automatic............$21,710
4WD automatic............$22,890
4WD manual................$23,300

Each price has a small "character" at the end, but the web page does not explain what it means. Destination charge?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Fresh from the Cincinnati regional office:

Base MSRP's are being announced and are as follows:

4WD Automatic.........................$23,300.00
4WD Manual.............................$22,890.00

2WD Automatic.........................$21,710.00

No info on package pricing or individual options.

Looks like many of you can breath a lot easier.

Cheers"

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
for some reason i dont really trust the toyota web site. it doesnt give me a great deal of confidence.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Yeah, that makes about 599 of us.

·
Registered
22 Posts
mini2nut said:
It's officially on the Toyota FJ build site:

2WD automatic............$21,710
4WD automatic............$22,890
4WD manual................$23,300
Got a Link? I looked on the toyota.com site and didn't see anything about FJ pricing. I believe that you got those prices from someplace official. But color me skeptical... I'll believe it when I see a window sticker.

·
Registered
644 Posts
hmm...what shade of skeptical would you like? I second that statement. Believe it when I see it.

·
Registered
552 Posts
DesertFox said:
Got a Link? I looked on the toyota.com site and didn't see anything about FJ pricing. I believe that you got those prices from someplace official. But color me skeptical... I'll believe it when I see a window sticker.
Hey Fox not trying to curb your skepticism but you every heard of a press release? You see if Toyota goes and does a press release stating pricing wouldn't they look kinda dumb if they then said hey guess what we decided to change our mind....... so before looking in one place and then spouting your skepticism give ole google a run and you should be able to find the stated press releases. We try not to be rumor mills here and there is plenty of info from Toyota confirming the MSRP's.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Mappelman's right, we had pricing before the Toyota page was updated, as a matter of FACT. Not just a bunch of freaks making stuff up. We have the right connections and we try to be accurate. You can trust some of what you read here. Just be leary of who is saying it...;)

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I like the point about the rear locker being standard on the MT, therefore maybe it actually does have a higher base price. Maybe they have it right in the vehicle builder and wrong on the press release. It's only fair that you control freak manly man manual (cfm3) types pay more of a base price if they include the locker with the MT.

On second thought, I don't give a damn, just build them right and get me one asap.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Be sure to brace yourself for the all the add ons the dealership is going to throw on 'em. Speculation from a few of the dealerships in my area is that they will be loaded (any and everything slapped on it) even with things not listed as options i.e. VIN window etching among others. So if you are looking to be the first in your town, bring the bling.
I just want to see it, test it, and figure out what is worth having and what is just a waste.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Be sure to brace yourself for the all the add ons the dealership is going to throw on 'em.
Yes this is going to be interesting. The sales manager I talked to when I put my deposit down was worried about selling me floor matts. OK I'll buy some floor matts from him damn it but I'll take my depsoit back if they get too greedy. He was very righteous about not selling above MSRP, but adding a vehicle protection package including an exclusive lusterizing agent is unacceptable.
Although...if he could get me that yellow one by the end of March....

·
Registered
552 Posts
I say bring your walking shoes, and practice the walk out maneuver that will forever give cars salesman the urge to chase.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
mappelman said:
I say bring your walking shoes, and practice the walk out maneuver that will forever give cars salesman the urge to chase.
i LOVE their expressions and their frenzied breathing and the urgency in their voice when you utter those two words, "no thanks"

if you order your FJ the dealerships just make sure you state, or write down that you do not want any dealer add-ons. im taking my fj to an autobody shop to have them put on the protective paint coats and all that ****, for about 1/3 of the price the dealership charges. in addition try to get them to lump labor charges and knock off this or that - already spoke with my saleman and asked if they're willing to negotiate accessories and addons,...as in roof rack/rock rails at price but no or lower labor....etc etc.... just because we're all friggin neurotic about these things doesnt mean we lose our heads and accept what they give us. make those slimy little pricks work for their commision - which will be handsome for them since they are guaranteed MSRP plus anything extra. they oughtta be giving us a free hummer with every purchase IMO.

·
Registered
295 Posts
caliFJ said:
if you order your FJ the dealerships just make sure you state, or write down that you do not want any dealer add-ons.
In the Gulf Sates region you don't have the option.:mad: Hell even the dealerships don't get the option. They have to take what Gulf States Toyota is going to give them.
GST imports the vehicles and distributes them to all Toyota dealerships in Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansa and Oklahoma. Something like the Godfather of Toyota making you an offer they can't refuse.

If you are willing to wait for a build then yes it is possible to get what you want-else you will have to bend over:eek: or leave.:mad:

caliFJ said:
they oughtta be giving us a free hummer with every purchase IMO.
Hmmm. Have to talk to the wife about that.:p

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Eclectic said:
In the Gulf Sates region you don't have the option.:mad: Hell even the dealerships don't get the option. They have to take what Gulf States Toyota is going to give them.
GST imports the vehicles and distributes them to all Toyota dealerships in Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansa and Oklahoma. Something like the Godfather of Toyota making you an offer they can't refuse.

If you are willing to wait for a build then yes it is possible to get what you want-else you will have to bend over:eek: or leave.:mad:

that how you say - how you say.......bites. i hope my salesman knows of what he speaks.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Eclectic said:

People in the Southeast could run into this as well. The only 2 privately owned distributors are Gulf and SE. The people from SE seemed level headed but who knows once the truck launches.

·
Registered
295 Posts
caliFJ- Keep in mind that I don't know if you have the same type of "Godfather" set up in California.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Eclectic said:
caliFJ- Keep in mind that I don't know if you have the same type of "Godfather" set up in California.
The distributor in Cali's area are Toyota owned. All that means is that it won't be the distributor he has to worry about it is the dealer.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
That's the one thing you DON'T talk to the wife about....;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts