Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
If it is something that competes with other crossovers but has 4runner and FJ capabilities, I'll hold out to buy one for my wife. The grill kind of looks 4runner-ish

·
Registered
839 Posts
From the looks of it, I think they are chasing after the Audi All-Road, VW All-track, Volvo V70 cross country, Subaru Crosstrek market here. I would trust Toyota to outdo these as long as they don't dumb it down into an AWD Toyota Matrix or something like that.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Here is my quick mock up

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
why do they keep teasing off-road concept vehicles, that are not off-road?

Just build a proper off-roader, and then a bunch of millennial golf carts for the masses.

Which I find all really strange, because Toyota has a very big following in very remote / developing countries. Inspite the b.s. about the whole world moving to the cities next year, it simply is not true. In fact, many of the developing (and developed world) urban zones, have such crap roads an off-roader is actually useful.

All these Toyota concept vehicles have what I like to call "millennial tech and design". That is what I call something when some piece of technology, that has basically gone as far as it is going to go, get's messed with by some frigen millennial, simply because they got to mess with it to have an excuse to call it their own. They are not even solving a problem, just changing the paint color or whatever cosmetic thing. I fired all the millennials that worked for me, because they all insisted on trying to "improve" on things, that did not need improving. Sorry guys, your going to have to get a bit more original before the World will let you put your name on crap. Hopefully there are still some adults working at Toyota, to fix this before the final production starts.

·
トヨタ Master
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
why do they keep teasing off-road concept vehicles, that are not off-road?
Just build a proper off-roader, and then a bunch of millennial golf carts for the masses.
They do, we just don't get them here unfortunately.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
I cant see it good enough. It looks a lot like a car so we will see when better pictures come out. Hold onto your FJ the vehicles are only getting more wuss every generation :)

·
Admin
6,770 Posts
I don't have very high hopes... looks like the front bumper is quite a ways down on where the tires would be... meaning it would not have very much actual ground clearance.

It will be interesting to see what they come up with though... I'm sure they MUST have heard all the bad "reviews" of their last "adventure" vehicle concept.

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,835 Posts
Here's a teaser shot from the rear.

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
I just hope it is not something like this junk.
This is just embarrassing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 58 Posts