Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Toyota has been toying with FJ Cruiser enthusiasts for years now, but their wish might finally come true.

Last year, the Japanese automaker debuted two concepts that had people wondering if a true FJ Cruiser successor was being considered. But the FT-4X Concept turned out to be disappointing for those hoping to see a serious off-roader, while the more recent FT-AC Concept offers a little more hope. Before you think Toyota has given up on the idea of an off-road SUV, however, you’ll be pleased to hear that’s not the case.
Read more about the Toyota Might Build a True FJ Cruiser Successor After All at AutoGuide.com.

·
トヨタ Master
14,350 Posts
Replace the ugly Highlander with this and then bring us a true off road capable vehicle. We're the silent majority, so we'll never get our way though. This might be an Outback killer if they market it right, but something to replace the FJ Cruiser just won't happen, unless you count the 4Runner, which is what most of us are buying instead.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Im sure it will just be another plastic crossover. Not getting my hopes up :)

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Oooooooo, nice! I'm really impressed with the 4" of ground clearance! I bet it might be able to successfully negotiate a speed bump in a parking lot without tearing off the front bumper. TOYOTA - UPDATED/MODERN VERSION OF THE FJ40 PLEASE!!!!!

·
17,001 Posts
Modern FJ40 and FJ45 PLEASE, with removable top and doors.

If Jeep can do 13 models of the Wrangler, you can do four = 2 door and 4 door versions! Six if you add short and long box versions. :thinkerg: :grin

Use the minimalist approach & get back to the basics! Not everyone can afford a $150K ICON/TLC version, but we'd be willing to pay $30K-$50K.

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
If they would only bring the 2018 land Cruiser 79
4.5D-4D V8 I will be a happy camper, simple and unbreakable.

Love this truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
...]
Love this truck.

I LIKE THE PROs and CONs listing....

Pros & Cons
Pro - Can’t kill it with an axe.
Con- It’s a truck, and it drives like one.

PRICE is the painful part of Toyota anymore, well any mfgr., but especially on the Land Cruiser series...

·
Registered
8,956 Posts

If Jeep can do 13 models of the Wrangler, you can do four = 2 door and 4 door versions! Six if you add short and long box versions. :thinkerg: :grin

Use the minimalist approach & get back to the basics! Not everyone can afford a $150K ICON/TLC version, but we'd be willing to pay $30K-$50K.
I kinda would like a bigger box.... like a FJ43, 44, 46?.... but the FJ45 is hot toooo !

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,952 Posts
hopefully not that plastic looking fiat Cherokee competitor

·
Registered
18 Posts
That picture on the front page will appeal to all those people buying Jeep Renegades. Pointless stuff that makes you feel like an off roader and it can barely negotiate an inch of snow. There's no reason that Toyota can't build a legitimate competitor to a Jeep Wrangler but with better quality. I drive a FJ instead of a Jeep because it's actually made decent by a effective manufacturing process and it's significantly more reliable then a Wrangler. People like Jeeps so much that they can't get past it and really enjoy spending money on maintenance.

·
17,001 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts

Love this truck.

I'd take this!

Reactions: HERSOG

·
Forum Beer Meister
4,565 Posts

I’m with you H, will they never learn?

Attachments

·
Desert Moderator
7,748 Posts
Bring back the Iron Pig!

Honestly though. I hope the new FJ replacement has a hybrid power plant and some turbo magic. It won't be diseasel though.
I hope it has a bunch of plastic on the sides and the front to cut down on wind resistance and make it more fuel efficient - also some skinny HT tires.

Then I hope the plastic sh1te is easily removable, and proper bumpers and skids can be attached in their place. (they do this for the LC200 - a chin extension on the front and side skirts). No factory rack (but mounting points)
J150 chassis/running gear or next gen for parts compatibility.

It's all about CAFE folks - hybrid & petrol engines with turbos is the way its gonna be. removable plastic and pizza cutters to further improve economy for CAFE.
This is how Jeep does it - time for Toyota to play the game as well. Maybe some 5.7 supercharged monster edition for a laugh too ;-) - or better still - provide a conversion kit for a 5.7v8 or 4.5 V8 TD upgrade. Screw the Jeep hemi conversion - give me a 5.7 with a blower any day...

1 - 20 of 157 Posts