Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
121 - 140 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Although the Jimny is a pretty good off-roader, it would be sad if that’s supposed to be an FJ replacement..it’s pretty tiny.

Sent from my NiPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
My Samurai would make a stock, or near stock FJ look pathetic. It's got a small lift, t case gears and a front locker.
The Jimny is a far better off roader than any car based crap they would stick an FJ badge on.

Put a 2.0 or 2.4L in it, keep it at mid to high $20Ks and they'd sell quick.

Think of it's competition at that price point.
Jeep Renegade or Patriot, not a lot else.

And it's more capable by far than either one.
Different buyer tho, the people that used to buy 2 door Jeeps would be interested because it's $10K less.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Ya they are very capable off roaders. I’ve seen them on YouTube eating rocks for breakfast going where highly modded Jeeps go. They don’t have a lot of space inside though..forget about overlanding for any length of time in one. Would be a blast to drive though.

Sent from my NiPhone using Tapatalk

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
41,625 Posts
Back when they were selling the Samurai new, I was with a friend that was buying one. The salesman asked me if I'd be interested in one and I told him that I barely fit in the passenger seat and that there was no way I could fit in the drivers seat, let alone drive. He said that wouldn't be a problem that he could have his guys pull the back seat out and cut the rails and move the rails and front seat back to give me room. Uh....yeah.

Reactions: CabinCruiser

·
Registered
128 Posts
Replace the ugly Highlander with this and then bring us a true off road capable vehicle. We're the silent majority, so we'll never get our way though. This might be an Outback killer if they market it right, but something to replace the FJ Cruiser just won't happen, unless you count the 4Runner, which is what most of us are buying instead.

I find the 4 runner to be the truly most hideous Toyota out there right now. The Highlander is just a bit plain. I'd take the H over the 4 any day.

·
Registered
567 Posts
121 - 140 of 157 Posts