Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there know how to get the stock Toyota Navigation head unit out of the not able to input information when moving mode? It is for my Dad's 4-runner. I have the DNX-7100 and for that deck just had to move a ground screw and now I can use it while driving. Any help would be much appreciated as the passenger can use it, but since he has to stop it doesn’t help to have the passenger do the inputting. Thank you in advance for any help with this.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
like the kenwoods, you probably just have to ground the parking sensor wire from the radio to a constant ground, though i don't know which wire it would be. check the field serveice manual for the 4runner and look at the nav radio wiring diagram to figure it out

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Does anyone out there know how to get the stock Toyota Navigation head unit out of the not able to input information when moving mode? It is for my Dad's 4-runner. I have the DNX-7100 and for that deck just had to move a ground screw and now I can use it while driving. Any help would be much appreciated as the passenger can use it, but since he has to stop it doesn’t help to have the passenger do the inputting. Thank you in advance for any help with this.
What model year is the 4-Runner, model of the Navigation unit (like E7003) and version of the DVD MAP ?

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
It is a 2004 limited. Not sure of the model on the Navigation unit. It is what came in the rig stock. He may have updated the map once.
On the GEN4 (2003-2005) Navigation unit, there is an OVERRIDE feature in the SERVICE menu.

You have to do this sequence before you start driving.

Press the MENU button
Select Volume.
Tap the left top corner of the screen then the bottom left.
Repeat this sequence and the SERVICE MENU will appear.

Press and hold the Override until you hear one beep and the Override word will be highlighted (black letters).

Touch the BACK to return to the Volume menu then click OK.
Not all features are available but basic search (for Restaurant.. ATM... Gas Station, Parks...etc) or input the destination are not grayed out.

This Override will be active as long the engine is running. When you turn off the engine and remove the key the Override is terminated.

=======================================================================================

I have the 2005 Camry, Navigation Model (E7003), DVD MAP v4.2 and it is working for me.

=======================================================================================

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
I'm afraid the only permanent solution is a firmware upgrade.

Resetting the override each time the vehicle is started is a pain in the arse. Some Prius owners have accomplished this mod.....might try Priuschat.

I'm too tired to search it down tonight. :bandit:

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts