Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the Toyota brush guard and I am now considering the Toyota off road lights to mount to it. Do you guys have any thoughts on these lights? I also like the Toyota light bar that mounts to the roof rack as well.

Any insight on these products is appreciated.

Thanks,
Brent

·
Registered
132 Posts
They are just Hella 500's You can buy them for much cheaper and then buy the covers with the FJ logo from several of the site sponsors.

Part number for the cover is PT297-35061-CV.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
You can buy the OEM switches and wiring harnesses from some of the vendors here and then get a better aftermarket light set for about the same price and you'll still end up with the clean OEM look inside and better lighting on the outside.

·
Registered
62 Posts
agree w everybody here, upgrade lights vs. factory Hella 500's. I ended up selling by factory airdam/light set-up and buying a Baja Rack w light set-up, much more functional.
good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just bought and had installed the PIAA 540 series lights mounted to the toyota brush guard. I also installed the PIAA Extreme white plus bulbs for the headlights. All-in with install $700. Canadian. YIKES!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts