Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TORRANCE, Calif., Feb. 5, 2015 – Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc., today announced it will conduct a safety recall of approximately 120 Model Year 2014 FJ Cruiser vehicles.

The steering system contains an intermediate shaft, which connects the steering wheel to the steering gear box. In the involved vehicles the intermediate shaft could have received an inadequate weld. Under some circumstances, the weld could separate, resulting in the loss of steering control and increasing the risk of a crash.

Toyota is not aware of any crashes, injuries, or fatalities caused by this condition.

Owners of the involved vehicles will receive a notification by first class mail. Toyota dealers will replace the intermediate shaft.

Detailed information is available at Lookup Safety Recalls & Service Campaigns by VIN and by calling Toyota Customer Service at 1-800-331-4331.

Here is the link.

Toyota Recalls Certain 2014 Model Year FJ Cruiser Vehicles | Corporate

You can check yours at:
Lookup Safety Recalls & Service Campaigns by VIN

Nothing showing for mine, how about yours?

·
Premium Member
2014 TTUE - MT
267 Posts
mine is currently not listed for a recall

however that was also the case earlier this year just after I bought my TTUE -- no recall notices came up online or in the Toyota Customer iPhone app. Then -- go figure -- a printed notice appeared in the mail

So I'll remain cautiously optimistic that I'm clear

A big THANKS for posting that info! one of the great perks of this place!!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Looks like I'm clear too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm in the clear for now.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just got my recall notice in the mail today. I'm one of the 120. Yay me.:|

I had it in for its 10k service last week. You'd think they would have known then. Now it's another two hours to spend at the dealer.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I wonder if the 120 are sequential Vin numbers.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Contacted my dealer and am awaiting their call letting me know the part has come in.

I just want to know this. What kind of risk is involved in continuing to drive the FJ? The mailer said loss of control may occur. Does that mean it has to stay parked until it's repaired?

Lovely....

·
Registered
122 Posts
It also said so far no one has experienced an accident as a result, so I'm wondering how this "inadequate weld" came to their attention?

·
Registered
122 Posts
No noise here either, although I do think I am hearing a right rear wheel bearing noise developing.

·
Registered
122 Posts
After almost a month waiting for the back ordered part, I am going in tomorrow for my recall intermediate steering shaft replacement.

*** It is all set. They even threw in a FE alignment.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts