Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"March 8,2011- Toyota is recalling 22,000 2008-'11 FJ Cruiser, Land Cruiser, Sequoia, Tacoma and Tundra vehicles in the U.S. for a problem with the tire-pressure monitoring system that could lead to tire failure, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
The defective system could fail to warn of tire deflations, said NHTSA.
Toyota did not provide the federal government with a recall notification schedule at this point."

Toyota Recalls Five 2008-'11 Vehicles for Tire Failure Risk

Doesn't seem that serious, but I didn't know about it until one of my coworkers told me he heard it on the radio this morning. Thought others in this forum would want to know.

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you need TPMS to tell you that you have a tire that's deflated...you got bigger problems. My 95 Hardbody doesn't have TPMS and I can damn sure tell when it has a flat tire.

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
Appears so. I logged in and found out I'm on the list.

I posted this somewhere else but If you go to Toyota Owners - Official Toyota Owners Website and sign in, it will tell you if your involved in the recall. I am, and it says "2008 through 2011 Model Year FJ Cruiser Vehicles Equipped with Toyota-Recommended Light Truck tires and TRD Accessory Wheel"

So I am guessing anyone with a Trail teams...?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.