Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Toyota's latest volley in the SUV war, the 2007 FJ Cruiser, is powered by the same engine found in the Tacoma, Tundra, and 4Runner: a 4.0-liter DOHC V6 that makes 239 horsepower and 278 lb-ft of torque. The FJ Cruiser, which is inspired by the Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40, goes on sale in late March.

Toyota told Inside Line that prices will not be announced until January, but it estimates the FJ Cruiser will be priced around $25,000. The base 4x2 FJ Cruiser is available only with a five-speed automatic transmission. FJ Cruiser 4x4 models can be equipped with either a five-speed automatic transmission or a six-speed manual transmission. The manual-transmission model has a clutch-start cancel switch on the dash that allows the vehicle to be started in gear without depressing the clutch.

The two-wheel-drive FJ Cruiser with an automatic transmission gets 18 miles per gallon in city driving and 22 miles per gallon on the highway, according to an EPA estimate. The 4x4 FJ Cruiser with a manual gets 16 miles per gallon in city driving and 19 miles per gallon on the highway.

Options include a multi-information display with a compass, temperature gauge, and "inclinometer" on the top of the dash. A top-of-the-line FJammer AM/FM audio system has an in-dash six-disc CD changer and a 7.9-inch subwoofer in the rear cargo compartment.

·
Registered
647 Posts
"The two-wheel-drive FJ Cruiser with an automatic transmission gets 18 miles per gallon in city driving and 22 miles per gallon on the highway, according to an EPA estimate. The 4x4 FJ Cruiser with a manual gets 16 miles per gallon in city driving and 19 miles per gallon on the highway".

Figure 80% of those figures, if lucky ... Screw it. Those figures coupled with the available colors, I'm waiting until there's a diesel option or Manly-man colors.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I like manly man colors...I'm waiting for the formerly known as Moab to come out...partly because I need more money, and I am too lazy to buy my own lift kit and bigger tires. Lol.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Tone said:
I like manly man colors...I'm waiting for the formerly known as Moab to come out...partly because I need more money, and I am too lazy to buy my own lift kit and bigger tires. Lol.
I feel you there. Mostly because I need more money and Yes I am too lazy. I would like smaller wheels though.
Big Tires/Small Wheels-Oxy Moron? :confused:

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Eclectic said:
I would like smaller wheels though.
what like training wheels? would you like a diaper also??

but i kid,.....i kid.....i kid......

i've built another one - 4x4 auto, convenience package, roof rack, smurf blue, cargo nets in the back, dont forget those....

im going crazy guys.......

·
Registered
151 Posts
I got canadian FJ specs from a local (Toronto area) dealer (no pricing until March, though). The file is too big to upload to the gallery (~100 K), so if anyone (fellow canucks, hello?) is interested, let me know and I'll send it as an attachment.

·
Registered
7 Posts
goleafs said:
I got canadian FJ specs from a local (Toronto area) dealer (no pricing until March, though). The file is too big to upload to the gallery (~100 K), so if anyone (fellow canucks, hello?) is interested, let me know and I'll send it as an attachment.
I am a fellow canuck out in BC (good game tonight!!!). I was at a dealership today in Vernon and they didn't know anything...can you send me the specs?

email - [email protected]

·
Registered
644 Posts
About the smaller wheels/tires thing...I was going to do that with my tacoma because it's a 4-banger and I would get better acceleration with smaller tires. And I don't do much rock crawling with it so that's not a big deal.

·
Registered
108 Posts
After trying to "build one" at Toyota site, I wish Toyota had part-time 4WD with the 6sp. Driver-selectable front diff lock would have been nice too. And a better combination of the tranny gear ratio would help with the first gear to second gear shift. The ratios between the two are so widely spread that the rpm will drop so much like in other Toyota vehicles.

Hey, Toyota, 2nd gear doesn't always have to reach ~100 km/h (~62 mph) at redline !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts