Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI at this post, Toyota stock is at a 5 year high,symbol "tm".Guess their doing some things right,justify buying that FJC as an investment. ;)

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
yeah all the articles today said Toyota will be the largest auto company in the world. That will entice any investor to invest promptly......

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
The better news is that it will give them purchasing clout with suppliers. They will be able to write their own ticket just as the big three have done in Detroit forever. Giving Toyota that kind of power might lower vehicle costs all together. KICK ASS!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Although Toyota has been low key about this, the 07 Camry is going to sell through the roof ..... The big 3 should be worried.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Are you kidding, I've been reading trade journals for advertising companies and for automotive companies - the Big 3 are crapping themselves right now. GM has never, NEVER had to worry about their "share" of auto consumers. They are very frightened. So is Ford. Listen to the overtones in the commercials. They are borderline desperate right now. Wait till Toyota has had the majority of the market for a couple of years.

It's a cycle though, like anything else. With GM on top, they haven't been pressured to think outside the box or really push any new ideas. Toyota had to think outside the box just to get by. They had to jump on new ideas and try to improve upon their product lines. Offer something new and exciting.

GM just keeps ruining existing models with redesigns, over and over and over again. Look at the new GTO. I don't care if it had 1200 horses under the hood, it still looks almost exactly like a redesigned Beretta. The F body cars like the Firebird, Trans Am and Camaro were some of the hottest vehicles ever made when they first came out and after 30 some odd years of redesigns they are pathetic, too. No hot-rodder wants to have to drop the entire engine out the bottom of the car to work on it.

It's like they lose the ability to think. Toyota on the other hand keeps improving their designs and offering new and exciting vehicles targeted to niche markets. The scion brand for example. The Prius. The FJ.

Toyota is using their heads and we are going to get a chance to reap the benefits.

·
Registered
87 Posts
GM has really screwed up royally. I had a '68 Camaro in high school and still love that body style. They could do a retro Firebird or Camaro and do very well IMO. I don't know how well the new Mustang is selling, but I damn sure see a bunch on the road. By the way, Ford's version of atomic yellow looks real fine.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
The atomic yellow Roush Mustang is freakin' AWESOME! The worst part about all of this is that I am a die hard truck guy who has ALWAYS loved the Mustangs. If the FJ doesn't come out soon I might find myself convincing the woman in my life that I have changed my mind and I have to have the Yellow Roush, the $46K price tag is the only thing holding me back....

Come on Toyota - GIVE US THE FJ ALREADY!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Percy said:
They are very frightened. So is Ford. Listen to the overtones in the commercials. They are borderline desperate right now. Wait till Toyota has had the majority of the market for a couple of years.

It's like they lose the ability to think. Toyota on the other hand keeps improving their designs and offering new and exciting vehicles targeted to niche markets. The scion brand for example. The Prius. The FJ.

Toyota is using their heads and we are going to get a chance to reap the benefits.

just wait until next year when the tundra replacement rolls out. toyota will be hitting the big 3 where it really hurts, the full-size truck market.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Talked with the "Toyota Exec" and two things were good news;

1. They are coming out with a Tundra with a diesel option.
2. This opens up an interesting option with the FJ engine in 3-4 years or maybe sooner if the reception is good with the Tundra

Now I don't know about you but a diesel from a Tundra would be kinda a cool upgrade.

·
Registered
644 Posts
So about toyota stock....would it be worth it for short term benefit to invest some money in Toyota stock like tomorrow? I've never invested anything, and I have a silly "get rich quick" thing going on....And getting a broker and doing it the right way sounds more reliable than my side investment.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Tone said:
So about toyota stock....would it be worth it for short term benefit to invest some money in Toyota stock like tomorrow? I've never invested anything, and I have a silly "get rich quick" thing going on....And getting a broker and doing it the right way sounds more reliable than my side investment.
Think, work hard......harder.....keep working........save money.....make wise investments and take calculated risks......keep working.

Simple as that and hey get back to work, beside if the GRQ thing works you wouldn't appreciate it and you wouldn't enjoy any satisfaction in getting something you didn't work hard for. Keep in mind that having the $$$ easy would make life very boring, you wouldn't even bother fretting about the price and posting daily your latest specultaions and rumors about price.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I know what you mean about working hard Mappel, I've been working since I was 11. I just threw most of my money away as a youngster though. =( I had noone like you to teach me how to save. Now I am in a Wegmans warehouse busting my hump for 11.60/hour. As for investing, I was just curious if anyone was paying any close attention to some good stocks. I wanted to know if it'd be possible to buy stock now, and sell it in like 5 months and have more than 10 cents to show for it.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Oh, and haha...my GRQ scheme isn't going to make me rich even if it works like I plan it to....I "might" make around 8-10 thousand dollars, and it's ALL going towards my bills anyway. I don't like bills, and they don't like me.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Ok here is the stock tip of the week..... thanks to the FJ of course and the fact that this might be a big $$$ deal for this company in the future with those speakers.

News of its first licensing deal with a global motor manufacturer - Toyota - flat speaker company NXT accelerated 8p to 57½p. It will supply speakers to fit in the roof lining of the FJ Cruiser, the new sports utility vehicle.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Translation, you missed the boat on the inital stock price bump but it might still go up especially if we like them. I would assume Toyota would start adding them to other car and trucks if they don't cause cancer or the roofs to leak. :)

·
Registered
294 Posts
Look at the new GTO. I don't care if it had 1200 horses under the hood, it still looks almost exactly like a redesigned Beretta.

FYI, Its worse than that... the new GTO is literally a re-badged Monaro.... A car from the GM's only cool division, Australia's Holden....a.k.a. GM-Holden.

Anybody see the new Dodge Challenger concept? That thing is the type of car detriot should be building.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Thanks for the info Mappel, but I may just pursue my investment. By the way, my GRQ scheme is just to re-sell the Playstation 3 the day after it's released. I have 4 of them pre-ordered right now, and if it goes as well as the Xbox 360 did, I could easily make 10k. On the other hand....if it's a bust, I'll still be able to get market price, so I can't lose anything. Tone.

·
Registered
552 Posts
You’re the one!!!!! Everyone grab the pitch forks and torches, this is the man who sells things on Ebay for 10x market value...............I heard you have 10 deposits for FJ Cruiser and are creating such a demand that we are all going to get stuck with "Market Value" ............... GET HIM!!!!! :eek:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts