Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Toyota kicked off its marketing campaign for the 2007 FJ Cruiser in the Mojave Desert following the SEMA show last week. It was the first of a series of events aimed at influential off-roaders, Inside Line has learned.

"We will do no TV advertising," said James Farley, Toyota Division vice president of marketing. "We will only focus on the enthusiast."

Farley said the company has hired "close to 50 off-road instructors" who will conduct a series of events throughout the country in the coming months as Toyota introduces the latest iteration of the roughneck FJ40 to a group of new consumers. The company is turning to over 30 Land Cruiser clubs in the U.S. to come up with participants for its FJ Cruiser off-road programs.

"Many people don't know what the FJ40 is," Farley said. "We'll spend all of our money establishing the FJ Cruiser's credibility as an off-road machine. We won't race [it] before we do rock crawling [and] mud and trail activities."

The 2007 FJ Cruiser goes on sale in February.

What this means to you: Toyota shows it understands the rule of the off-road: If you don't have authenticity, you don't have anything when it comes to vehicles like the FJ Cruiser

Source: Edmunds

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
So when they decide to race it, they will let one of us be the pilot, right?

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
That's not the first time I have heard that, regarding the FJ. At SEMA, they also said that they would not be running TV ads for this beastie. They are relying on enthusiasts to handle the marketing. Fine by me, but I think they ought to give us a special offer for the FJ if we are handling their advertising!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks like their going to follow the Marketing Campaign recipe they used for Scion (not much TV Ads and use the enthusiast to Market the product).

·
Registered
10 Posts
2Lex_IS350 said:
hmm i see alot of scion commercials, on tv and in theatres...
I was referring when it was first introduced back in June of 2003. The first several months you rarely see a Scion commercial.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts