Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I read somewhere if you get it installed at the dealership, you're suppose to get either a new key fob or remote design. Is this true or am I wrong? If it's true, how about a comparison pic? Thx!

·
Registered
134 Posts
When I had mine installed, I did not receive new fobs. Still have the old ones. I didn't have both of them with me when the install was done and have had no problem.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I ordered mine with it and it came with the same remote everyone has. To tell you the truth I am not sure it was the greatest investment. The only times it has gone off was at the super bowl & daytona 500 during the flyovers. If the USAF want to steal my FJ using a fighter they are screwed! K

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered mine with it and it came with the same remote everyone has. To tell you the truth I am not sure it was the greatest investment. The only times it has gone off was at the super bowl & daytona 500 during the flyovers. If the USAF want to steal my FJ using a fighter they are screwed! K
The only reason I'm considering this option is b/c Toyota will reimburse up to $2500 (I'm assuming for your insurance deductible) if your vehicle gets stolen. I'm sure aftermarket alarm companies has similar deals but you would think Toyota would be much easier to go through & deal with but hey what do I know. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts