Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 396 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took a survey from toyota and they want to know if we want one of three diff configurations. Toyota is talking about expanding the fj cruiser line!

1- a 4 door version, fj with 4 doors that open from the outside.
2- a SUT, like the hummer h2- suv w/bed on back
3- convertable, like jeep wrangler and old fj40

what one do you want and why.
I am a salesman at a toyota dealership in idaho and I just wanted to see what you guys think. I voted for the SUT. I am a hunter and would like to put a deer in the bed of the fj. then i could leave my trailer at home:)

·
Registered
722 Posts
fj guru said:
I just took a survey from toyota and they want to know if we want one of three diff configurations. Toyota is talking about expanding the fj cruiser line!

1- a 4 door version, fj with 4 doors that open from the outside.
2- a SUT, like the hummer h2- suv w/bed on back
3- convertable, like jeep wrangler and old fj40

what one do you want and why.
I am a salesman at a toyota dealership in idaho and I just wanted to see what you guys think. I voted for the SUT. I am a hunter and would like to put a deer in the bed of the fj. then i could leave my trailer at home:)

Thats easy.... Removable top!!!!!!!!

MACTIKI

·
Registered
455 Posts
Removable top.
Backlighting of interior controls.
Front locker option.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
I have a buddy who said he'd buy one tomorrow if it had a removable top, and I'm sure he would. I'm happy with mine the way it is (except of course for all the aftermarket stuff I have/will install).

Jim

·
Registered
611 Posts
REMOVABLE TOP! We should do this right and have a. . .POLL. Never thought I'd suggest that. I'll defer to someone who has experience setting them up. Apparently, Toyota is well aware of this forum and others like it...probably a big part of the reason there is no television advertising for the FJ. Anyway, maybe we can steer them towards having an open top FJ.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Removable top, hands down. Just give this one some decent shoes from the factory. Still can't let that one go.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I'm for a removable top also. No to SUT for Iwill be getting a Tacoma for that purpose.

Please do not make it a 4 door!!!

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Was that the only question asked?

1. I want the FJ as is, but with sunroof and windows that open to increase air-flow through the cabin (both rear door and rear quarter panel).
2. 16" TRD wheels and BFG Revo's from the factory, so you only pay the difference between base wheel/tire configuration, not full cost of 16" TRD wheels and tires, and still don't get the base wheel/tire that you already paid for.
3. ATRAC standard on all 4x4's or as an inexpensive stand alone factory option. Heck it is just the installation of a switch on the assembly line. $100 would be more than adequate to cover the MSRP addition.

The above are questions that require answers first. Someone needs to get the message to Toyota to answer the questions we have posed to them. There are many more questions than the three I have addressed above. Corporate needs to quit acting like communication is a one-way street and respond to issues that have been voiced here. Rant-off.

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
fjarch said:
I'm for a removable top also. No to SUT for Iwill be getting a Tacoma for that purpose.

agree and agree again! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I definitely would not want to see a full size, four door FJ Cruiser. I personaly don't like the look of the SUT on the Hummer, but i like the idea. I would have to see a converted FJ to decide. A removable lid would be great, and I think alot more would sell if Toyota went that route

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
Just need to have the top removable !!! It would be perfect !!! :)

·
Registered
434 Posts
This is simple, Tell them they need to recreate the fj40 in retro with new technology, additional horsepower, removable top, folding windshield, with coilover suspension. If that were to happen they would have a phenomenal concept vehicle on thier hands for 2008-2009.

Cruiserdude...:cool:

·
Registered
224 Posts
I would be ticked off if they built a removable top!!

Mainly because I would want it more than the FJC I already have!

Removable top is definitely my vote.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
fjarch said:

good call. i agree with you.:)

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
Oh yeah'... A Kill Switch for the Air Bag System when off-road... :D

1 - 20 of 396 Posts