Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 396 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
In the survey they also wanted to know...
1- 4 cyl deisel motor
2- 4.7 v8
3- 4 cyl gas motor

thanks for the great imput!
I will show this to the northwest toyota big wig!
he will bring this to the top!

·
Registered
854 Posts
I would vote for#3 because it is most practical and most like the original ones that I remember liking as a kid. However- I really doubt they will come out with it because of safety crapola. If they do- Im sure it will be way out of reach.

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
fj guru said:
In the survey they also wanted to know...
1- 4 cyl deisel motor
2- 4.7 v8
3- 4 cyl gas motor

thanks for the great imput!
I will show this to the northwest toyota big wig!
he will bring this to the top!

Um, #1... no brainer. I think if someone finally brought a deisel over here, people would jump all over it. As long as it's weight doesn't ruin the performance of the vehicle, I'd love to have that deisel option.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
4RnrJ said:
Um, #1... no brainer. I think if someone finally brought a deisel over here, people would jump all over it. .
i like the idea of a deisel too, but we cant seem to sell the liberty crd (deisel) we have had one on the lot for 3 months and we will sell it for 2% under invoice! :(
I like the idea of all 3 motors.:)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
a toppless V8 toyota 4x4 w/lockers has a very nice ring to it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Even up here in rain country----a removable top. :)

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Removable top! The coolest part about the FJ-40 that they are trying to pay homage to is the fact that it had a removable top.

An FJ-45 style pickup would be great too. Not an SUT, but an actual pickup (with removable top) based on the FJ Cruiser styling.

Now go forth and deliver what we all wanted in the first place!

·
Registered
455 Posts
fj guru said:
i like the idea of a deisel too, but we cant seem to sell the liberty crd (deisel) we have had one on the lot for 3 months and we will sell it for 2% under invoice! :(
I like the idea of all 3 motors.:)
I think the Liberty has a reputation already...mostly bad

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Oceansports and Tony5150 have it right. Don't cater to soccer moms and don't make the FJ just like everything else out there. There are a ton of 4 door SUV's with 3rd row seating and heated leather seats, DVD and every other thing...we all could have bought one of those if we wanted, but we waited 3 years...and then some to get the FJ just becuase it wasn't one of those other anonymous rigs. Don't screw this up, Toyota!!

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
1 Bored Clerk said:
Oceansports and Tony5150 have it right. Don't cater to soccer moms and don't make the FJ just like everything else out there. There are a ton of 4 door SUV's with 3rd row seating and heated leather seats, DVD and every other thing...we all could have bought one of those if we wanted, but we waited 3 years...and then some to get the FJ just becuase it wasn't one of those other anonymous rigs. Don't screw this up, Toyota!!
I'm in definite concurrence with Clerk, Ocean and Tony on this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
PLEASE...I want a removable top. I'm in the market right now for a Jeep, specifically for that reason. If I knew that I could buy a Toyota instead of a Jeep and could get the same configuration, I would buy the Toyota...no question.:p

·
Registered
1 Posts
Removable top with full factory frame-mounted rollcage and drop down windshield

Other wants:

Front Locker
Auto-disconnect Sway Bar
Factory PTO Winch
SFA
Adjustable height suspension

21 - 40 of 396 Posts