Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Is it me or does that second pic look like it has trail damage? That rear quarter panel looks like it has damage and the gas tank door is not flush.
It sure does... I thought it was reflection at first... but seems like damage to me.. Or maybe not.. lol Funny how they shot that crazy angle... look at the trees... they are growing to the left :)

·
Registered
297 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
The passenger rear fender looks damaged in pic #2 . . . probably from the rock in pic #4.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Made photo number 3 of the TT with the fender damage into a black & white. Think you can see the damage better. Just double click on the thumbnail.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
I wonder now if that all green without the white roof is an option for 2011. That looks like a great base for a military themed FJ.

It is the 2011 Trail Teams Edition. Pay attention, son ;)

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Pic 4 of that cavalry looks fake to me. It looks like the fj is sitting on level or near level ground to me. Look at the fenderwell to tire clearance, it looks to be sitting straight up.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I see only a reflection of the rocks, not any damage.

However, there is "no" plastic cover on the center of the wheel on the spare tire. Isn't that a change from 2010?????

Don

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
The passenger rear fender looks damaged in pic #2 . . . probably from the rock in pic #4.
Two different rigs in Pic #2 and #4

·
Banned
5 Posts
great pics for sure!!! but the last pic should have taken a heck out of this ride... really it must be a breathtaking moment for the riding to try the stuff like this!!!... awesome post!!!

·
Forum Detective
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I hate to say it, but I think the TT edition falls short this year. There doesn't seem to be anything very special about it. There is no hood black out, the wheels we have seen before, and since the extra skid plates disappeared in 2010 there's not really anything more beefy about it. Plus its not even a special color. You can still order a AG without the TT edition, which will make for more look-a-likes.
Hopefully the interior has some different seat covers or something. The description from Toyota however doesn't sounds promising.

Toyota Website said:
"The 2011 FJ Cruiser now offers a Trail Teams Special Edition Package. What's so special, you ask? Start with the Army Green exterior color. That plus a color-keyed roof make this an FJ unlike any other. Add a blacked-out grille, mirrors, door handles and bumpers, and there's no doubt this Special Edition means business. It's also got features like Active Traction Control (A-TRAC), TRD 6-spoke Special Edition alloy wheels, trail-tuned Bilstein® shocks, rock rails and an electronically controlled locking rear differential. So if you want to get down to business, head off-road."
Rock rails are now standard on the TT?

·
Registered
458 Posts
I could have sworn that I saw something about front and rear skids for the TT, but it looks like I am mistaken. I also wonder if they are going to have the color matched seats for the '11 TT. As you pointed out there is nothing that really stands out for the '11. I thought about waiting for the '11 TT, but it looks like I did good by getting a '10 TT.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I respectfully disagree. I think the all green looks awesome! Yes, they should have added a hood accent or something but the green looks very tough.

Does anyone know when they will be available?

You can't get an all green non-TT can you? It would still have the white roof right?

·
Forum Detective
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes. The normal one will have a white roof, but I have seen on more than one occasion where a dealer will paint the roof and try to call it some sort of special edition.

I don't by any means think it looks bad, I like the look, I just think they could have done more with it. Especially since you pay a premium for the package and it is a special, limited edition vehicle IMO.

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Do they even do the TT grille badge anymore? Or do you just get the emblem on the dash?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts