Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The auto maker is calling for sales on the order of 46,000 next year and 60,000 annually in the first full year. (See related story: FJ Cruiser Sales Pegged at 46,000)

·
Registered
644 Posts
Not like it matters, I'm pretty settled on the fact I can't afford one...I know, it took long enough didn't it? I'm just stubborn like that, and I really want an FJ. Maybe next year. =)

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
yes but you get to dream of the possible colors that will be available when you can!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The fact that they are looking to make 60K next year is good, kinda takes it out of the niche market and it will entice aftermarket manufactures to produce more options. I was considering making a few items and realized that for the first year there will be a total of 40,000 customers which really isn't that many when you are marketing a product.... How many jeeps are there?

·
Registered
390 Posts
mappelman said:
The fact that they are looking to make 60K next year is good, kinda takes it out of the niche market and it will entice aftermarket manufactures to produce more options. I was considering making a few items and realized that for the first year there will be a total of 40,000 customers which really isn't that many when you are marketing a product.... How many jeeps are there?

Bingo. Economies of scale. It will always cost more to retail a small amount of a product instead of mass producing them in large quantities. Tooling costs, R & D, marketing, etc.

·
Registered
163 Posts
True....but I also own a 3rd Gen. RX-7 which they only imported 27,258 total (over the 3 years they were sold in the US) and there seems to be tons of aftermarket parts...all we need is the FJ to star in the next Fast & Furious...they could have some hot, skinny, blonde park it on top of Vin's/Dom's RX...

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
and some vehicles lend themselves to aftermarket more then others, ie image vehicles such as specialty oriented rides like performace, off road, or cooper mini

the fj owner defintly fall in this class of owner

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
TeamChin said:
...all we need is the FJ to star in the next Fast & Furious...
i like it! fast & furious - off road.....(someone come up with a catchier title) - that'd be pretty good.

it seems like no dealership in the bay area really has a clue about this vehicle. im on about 10 wait lists around here. they dont know anything - one said 20k production, another said there would be plenty to go around. it's really hard coming from this forum and knowing what we collectively know and then talking to an ignorant fleet manager - but most are happy and thank me when i refer them here. seems as though toyota really hasnt told the majority of them anything.

·
Registered
295 Posts
caliFJ said:
it's really hard coming from this forum and knowing what we collectively know and then talking to an ignorant fleet manager
Preach on Brother!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts