Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having been actively involved since the beginning of the FJ Summit, and attending last year on my own with wife, making the decision to withdraw from attending this years Summit was not an easy one for me to do.

First I want to thank the Summit committee for their dedication to making each year more successful then the last and for their countless hours preparing everything so others can experience their FJ Cruiser with others that share the same passion for their Toyota vehicles, to see the beauty of the Colorado mountains and what being part of the Toyota Family is all about.

As many of you know, I was the former Parts Director for Toyota of Dallas, VTAIG - (TRDParts4U.com) until May of 2010. I unfortunately was part of the downsizing that many of us in this business went through as did so many others in numerous occupations.

After taking 7 months off with my wife traveling throughout the Mid-west and funds getting tight, I was offered an opportunity from VTAIG (Van Tuyl Automotive Group) to takeover one of the sister Toyota stores in Arlington, Texas which meant I didn't have to relocate, since it is only 30 minutes from home. Even though these stores are jointly owned by Van Tuyl Automotive Group, each store has a Separate Partner/Owner. After meeting this Partner I knew this would be a good fit.

I immediately began working on setting up suppliers, staff and getting our website geared towards supporting our friends, the FJ Cruiser and Off-road Toyota Owners. I asked Nathan Clark formerly of Pep Boys and Owner of Pathfinder Recovery Gear to come manage our web site. Many of the suppliers I had done business with for the past 7 years began contacting us and offered to support our new endeavor.

Once we had things in place, I contacted Seth & Tim regarding the 2011 FJ Summit and made sure they knew I planned to fully support the FJ Summit as I have done in years past, just as a different Vendor. They welcomed us and plans for the 2011 FJ Summit began.

As this years Summit Plans evolved and more Vendors signed up, it became obvious to me that the need to have two competing stores setting up and selling basically the same items didn't make a lot of sense. After talking with the Summit committee (who were very accommodating), we made the final decision to withdraw from attending this year’s event and it was done in the best interest of the Summit.

We will still be donating some Raffle items and support this GREAT EVENT.

We wish all our friends and the friends we have yet to meet, our best wishes for Fantastic 2011 FJ Summit.

Please feel free to visit our website for Pre and Post Summit Specials. www.toyotatrdparts.com

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
A very classy thing to do, Phil, and an admirable act, as already mentioned.

Sorry to hear that you're not making the summit, but glad to hear you're settled in the new venture (and still in town to boot).

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
Understandable, and appreciated. :bigthumb:
Hope everything's working out well at the other place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts