Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was a horrible experience!:cowfrown:

Web site was not allowing me to order the tow hitch I wanted so I called and got Mike on the phone. Now, I know I don't have a lot of FJ experience, but treating me like a moron is NO way to earn my business. I had no idea Toyota DIDN'T make that hitch and it was only put on at the dealers, not the factory. Even after this.. it took their shipping department over 36 hours to get a quote on shipping fee's.

The cherry on top is when I was contacted by the GM, who left a voice mail. When I returned his call inside 10 mins.. the guy acted like he had no idea who I was or what I was talking about.... I'm starting to think someone in the parts dept was using his name and didn't figure I would call back.

Oh well, that's my $.02 on these guys.
Buy at your own risk...

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I believe it is put on at the port, but I might be wrong. Make sure you get the Toyota hitch. It bolts directly to the bumper and sits higher than the aftermarket jobs that sit lower and bolt to the frame.

Good luck – and thanks for warning us about the bad sellers!

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
I believe it is put on at the port, but I might be wrong. Make sure you get the Toyota hitch. It bolts directly to the bumper and sits higher than the aftermarket jobs that sit lower and bolt to the frame.

Good luck – and thanks for warning us about the bad sellers!
x2.

Some dealerships add aftermarket hitches that are not made by Toyota. The one made by Toyota though is much better. It sits higher and looks a lot better.

Check out TRDparts4u. They have this hitch.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got it ordered out of OKC for a few more dollars... but I did go with the hitch that come standard.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I have learned so much off these forums...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts