Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had Yury make me one of his overhead consoles and I'm getting around to figuring out what I want to put in it. I know I'll want a GPS device, my XM receiver, my Scanguage, 2 x 3" speakers in the corners, and probably a CB. I sat down with the guy that's going to do all the mounting/wiring and I didn't know what I wanted to put in the passenger side area.

So, I'm open to ideas to see if members here have any ideas of what to throw up there. I had the idea of a DVD player for the passenger, just wondering what the rest of you guys can come up with.

Thanks!

·
Registered
789 Posts
I've thought about this many times. If it were me I would put my sirius radio, homelink buttons, Couple of lights, cb, storage compartments, gps, external video screens, couple of speakers,and some slots for additional switches.

·
Premium Member
17,641 Posts
I've thought about this many times. If it were me I would put my sirius radio, homelink buttons, Couple of lights, cb, storage compartments, gps, external video screens, couple of speakers,and some slots for additional switches.
Unfortunately he could probably fit 1/2 that stuff at best. 2 monitors take up 50% of the large console space. If he does one on each side that would leave room for a speakers on either side of that.

Based on what the OP outlined so far he has around 50% of the space left. I'd recommend outlining what you plan to use your FJ for and what you have wished you had when you are on the trail/road previously to determine what would best go in your remaining space.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I was just throwing out ideas. If he gets the console to run between the passenger and driver sides he will have a lot more room.

·
Premium Member
17,641 Posts
I'm refering to the console that runs along the windshield - 50% of that space is filled up. The console that runs between the driver & passenger is not nearly as functional and doesn't offer much more space. The space behind it is taking up by the mounting frame for the whole console to the roof. Other than a LED lights or switches there is not much you can fit there because of the limited room behind the console.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I'm refering to the console that runs along the windshield - 50% of that space is filled up. The console that runs between the driver & passenger is not nearly as functional and doesn't offer much more space. The space behind it is taking up by the mounting frame for the whole console to the roof. Other than a LED lights or switches there is not much you can fit there because of the limited room behind the console.
I agree actually i am planing add some stuff in it and thinking what will fit there best ... because original plan change ... now i wanna have scan-gauge in it and CB ... will see when i get toys what will fit there better....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts