Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's here, it's here! 2011 4x4 suspension for my 2011 4x2 (pic attached). Total cost around $200 plus shipping, in new condition barely used before being removed by another member who did a lift immediately after buying his 2011. Awesome. Can't wait to get this installed.

Question: I don't want the front driver sag that I currently have. It's so bad that I can actually see it, and that's with me not even in the driver seat! It really looks dumb.

Since I have 4x2 and I therefore have less weight in the front than the 4x4 these came from, when installing the new 4x4 suspension, do I need to use the ToyTec 1/4-1/2" spacer to prevent the front drivers side sag from happening again? It seriously looks dumb the way it is sagging now even if there is no realted performance problem.

Is there any extra weight on the 4x4 that my 4x2 does not have on the driver side in addition to the usual driver's weight, battery, tailgate swing open direction, fuel tank, etc.? In other words, does the 4WD in the front add any more weight to the drivers side of the 4WD vs my 2WD?

-FJ Florida-

Attachments

·
Registered
272 Posts
It's here, it's here! 2011 4x4 suspension for my 2011 4x2 (pic attached). Total cost around $200 plus shipping, in new condition barely used before being removed by another member who did a lift immediately after buying his 2011. Awesome. Can't wait to get this installed.

Question: I don't want the front driver sag that I currently have. It's so bad that I can actually see it, and that's with me not even in the driver seat! It really looks dumb.

Since I have 4x2 and I therefore have less weight in the front than the 4x4 these came from, when installing the new 4x4 suspension, do I need to use the ToyTec 1/4-1/2" spacer to prevent the front drivers side sag from happening again? It seriously looks dumb the way it is sagging now even if there is no realted performance problem.

Is there any extra weight on the 4x4 that my 4x2 does not have on the driver side in addition to the usual driver's weight, battery, tailgate swing open direction, fuel tank, etc.? In other words, does the 4WD in the front add any more weight to the drivers side of the 4WD vs my 2WD?

-FJ Florida-
If you dont use it the sag will be back in a hurry. just put it in there. The weight difference in the 4x4 is fairly evenly distributed and therefore is not a major contributing factor.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you once again for the advice folks. Much appreciated. This FJ will never sag again!

Toytec spacer to correct sag arriving soon, prior to installation of the 2011 Toyota Bilstein 4x4 suspension on my 2011 4x2.

-FJ Florida-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts