Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ordered the 4 spring 3" lift kit with OME 884 springs up front, along with Toytec top plate spacers and Toytec Super Flex in the rear.

I had it installed yesterday and I'm digging it. I do have a slight clacking noise when hitting bumps in the road, not sure if that's normal or if it will go away.

Anyway, I thought it turned out nice. I love the leveled look, I expect it could settle just a little bit though. You can definitely notice that it's higher when getting in and out.

I did this in preparation for my 295/75/16" Terra Grapplers that should go on any day now. Once it's all on I'll take it in for an alignment to see how out of whack it is.

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
I remember taking the same pics of mine after my lift.. its hard to get the smile off your face. Looking good.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Good looking FJ. I have the same lift and have no complaints. I didnt experience any clacking noise. Might want to double check to make sure everything is seated and torqued to specs before you get it aligned. Look forward to some pics once you get the tires installed. Let the mods begin.......

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
295/65R16? Interesting tire size choice, about 1/2" smaller than stock. But looks good :cheers:

And yeah, I would check the torque and see if anything looks like it's hitting, calking isn't normal.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
295/65R16? Interesting tire size choice, about 1/2" smaller than stock. But looks good :cheers:

And yeah, I would check the torque and see if anything looks like it's hitting, calking isn't normal.
My mistake, 295/75/16, I had a brain fart. I've been looking at so many tire sizes lately it's all running together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts