Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new springs UPS today I am going to install tomorrow.My question is how far up do you screw the collars up for a 3" lift.I have a 2008 FJC with winch and allpro bumper and Man-a-fre skid pan do I go half way or more on the adjuster.I also want to know what keeps the adjustment from backing off there is no set screw to hold the collar.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
If I recall the Toytec ultimate 3" kit comes pre set at 2.5" up on the collar.

·
Premium Member
9,345 Posts
Below pics are from my wife's TT. They were set at 1" up the collar and it sits dead on level. Have not experienced any probs with it "backing off". Don't forget the front end alignment.

Driver's:

Passenger:

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got my springs installed they are way better I have just a little more lift than before.What blew my mind was how distorted the stock sprins looked after being on the forthnotch with the 3/8" spacer they were done:cowfrown:.Now my ride is firm.I have 2" of thread showing gonna bump it up a little to level before the Spring Crawl on the 7th.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hey Wilson I just noticed that the shock collars on the sandstorm are above the Bilstein label and your preload was less are you on the second notch I went to the bottom notch.I had it at the shop to set the alignment when I put my shocks on the first time I have been doing other mods to the rear links and the tierod end went out so I will be going back soon.
I noticed in the pics of the ultimate lift theyhave fancy aluminum top collars can you buy them?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey Wilson I just noticed that the shock collars on the sandstorm are above the Bilstein label and your preload was less are you on the second notch I went to the bottom notch.I had it at the shop to set the alignment when I put my shocks on the first time I have been doing other mods to the rear links and the tierod end went out so I will be going back soon.
I noticed in the pics of the ultimate lift theyhave fancy aluminum top collars can you buy them?
I installed the same setup this week, although I added some TC UCA's. I put the 5100's on the bottom notch since that's what Toytec suggested. Is that aluminum top collar a spacer like they have for sale on the website? They don't have anything else on the site that looks like that other than the spacers. I'm going to give them a call tomorrow to see. I sure wish I had that piece. It looks way better than the black OEM part. Although if they have it, that means I have to compress those damn springs again!! What a PITA!!! If I find out anything I'll let you know. Post some pics of the new lift, would love to see it.

Steve

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just thought I would post up a pic of my rig after I got my Toytec springs put on.I ended up with 2.5" of thread showing to get this result.:rocker:

·
Registered
671 Posts
That looks great man! It would look even better with the handles, mirrors, and sliders blacked out to match the rest. I like it!

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I think the aluminum top collar thing you're referencing is only on the toytec ultimate kit. I do remember it is etched with "TOYTEC". Here is a pic of my crap all laid out the day I installed it. If you want tomorrow I can go get a close up picture of what you're talking about.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think the aluminum top collar thing you're referencing is only on the toytec ultimate kit. I do remember it is etched with "TOYTEC". Here is a pic of my crap all laid out the day I installed it. If you want tomorrow I can go get a close up picture of what you're talking about.

I think I know what they look like I just would like to have the collars someday LOL thanks.:thinkerg:

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
after seeing this kit this is what i want . i was leaning toward the pro-comp for the money BUT this looks the right kit even though its about twice the price of the pro-comp. anyone know where to get this kit at the best price? the Sway-A-Way is more than i want to spend. 33" tires will fit fine right?

·
Registered
188 Posts
after seeing this kit this is what i want . i was leaning toward the pro-comp for the money BUT this looks the right kit even though its about twice the price of the pro-comp. anyone know where to get this kit at the best price? the Sway-A-Way is more than i want to spend. 33" tires will fit fine right?
Youll be fine on 33's. Toytec is the only seller to my knowledge PM them on the forum and ask for the discount code, to get 10% off, If they still offer this deal to forum members.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
guys is the Upper Control Arms necessary when buying this kit? thats another 399.00 !

also i see that the rear springs are red in this pic did you asked for red springs or paint them red? there black on the Toytec site :rocker:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts