Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First production run of our ToyTec adjustable the coilovers will be ready by the first of May, so we thought we would run an initial group buy on these!
Don has these on his FJ for testing and we have had them on our 4Runner for several months.
These use a Bilstein 2" shock body with 600# Eibach coils. The ride is great and they flex and hold additional weight well too. They adjust from stock to well over 3" lift even with weight on the front.
They will be $749.99 a set plus shipping normal price. We will offer them at an introductory price of $649.99 a set plus actual shipping if we have 10 who want to commit to buy a set.

Update: We have 10 commitments, call to order when you are ready!

They are fully assembled, set at 2 1/2" lift, and ready to bolt on. All parts are zinc plated steel or anodized aluminum. Includes spanner wrenches and swaybar relocate brackets

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have any pictures of these new coilovers?

What is their adjustability range, spring rate,...,etc?
I have added a photo and revised the information. Thanks for the question, I am sure everyone wants to know the answers to your questions too.
The coilovers are a very nice maintenence free alternative to many higher priced coilovers that are really designed to shine in Baja racing. These are more geared to the street & /off road colorado/Moab type of 4wheeler....

·
Registered
90 Posts
Doug,

Thanks for the pics nad specs. I like the looks of them.

How well do these pair up with your custom rear springs?

Any installed pics from Don's FJ?

Any package deals in the works for the entire lift?

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doug,

Thanks for the pics nad specs. I like the looks of them.

How well do these pair up with your custom rear springs?

Any installed pics from Don's FJ?

Any package deals in the works for the entire lift?
Don will be at cruise moab. I will see if I can get him to post a picture before he leaves.
The coilovers match our rear coils nicely. We can definately discount any rear lift shocks and coils too.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Here are some installed pics on an '07 FJC. I will add more after this weekend. Heading to Moab for testing.:D

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Looks like a real nice alternative, is that the Bilstein 5100 shock? How will it hold up to an ARB bumper? Do you need to replace the stock control arms?

·
Registered
229 Posts
can you revalve or rebuilt the shocks? if not, are there or will there be complete replacement units available?

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like a real nice alternative, is that the Bilstein 5100 shock? How will it hold up to an ARB bumper? Do you need to replace the stock control arms?
They are a 5100 shock that is available as a replacement. The coils are 600lb so they definitely will hold additional weight.
They work with stock upper control arms but we have the Light Racing adjustable upper control arms on a group buy now here too.

·
Registered
750 Posts
They are a 5100 shock that is available as a replacement. The coils are 600lb so they definitely will hold additional weight. They work with stock upper control arms but we have the Light Racing adjustable upper control arms on a group buy now here too.

... Don's rig has a Fab Fours bumper with a custom bull bar. Not sure about the winch though, but there is already additional weight. Maybe we could get Don to post a full side shot of his rig, and tell us what height he has them adjusted to.;)

Looks good Doug, and Don. Would love to get in on all of the 'group' stuff happening right now, but bad $ timing. Got too much other stuff happening right now.

K

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
They are a 5100 shock that is available as a replacement. The coils are 600lb so they definitely will hold additional weight.
They work with stock upper control arms but we have the Light Racing adjustable upper control arms on a group buy now here too.
Thanks Doug,

How does that spring compare with the stock spring and how do your coilovers compare to the Walker Evans at the same $699 non group buy price?

Looking forward to a ride comparison vs. others.

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What is the net gain in height of a stock FJ with these set at 2-1/2"? Also, what is the warranty on these?
With 1 1/2" thread at the bottom they are about 3" lift. There is enough thread to adjust them way over 3" lift even with weight on the front; we do not recommed over 3" lift due to CV and ball joint angles. They can be lowered all the way to stock height also, so 0 to 3 1/2" lift is what we are advertizing.
Don's pictures have them cranked up to 3" front lift with 130lbs weight from the fab fours bumper.
They are a lifetime warranty on everything except the shock cartridge and coils. Coils and shocks are considered a wear item and we are covering those for 1 year from leakage and sagging; this is industry standard, actually some coilovers have no warranty.

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Thanks Doug,

How does that spring compare with the stock spring and how do your coilovers compare to the Walker Evans at the same $699 non group buy price?

Looking forward to a ride comparison vs. others.
The coils are a heavier coil than stock but their longer length gives a nice ride still.
I don't have any information about the walker evans coilovers we can compare except the complaints we have read here. I will state I am sure each would perform better in some conditions than others..
I would rather not post up information about other companies products weather it is proven to be true or false.
Our name sells itself due to our long history of research and designing products for Toyota only.
I would perfer to list the benifits of our new design:
Nice ride on/off road
Maintenence free
Noise free
Adjustability everyone wants.
The items above are what was considered in this new design based on previous complaints about the problems with other manufacturers designs.
We did not design these to win the Baja.... The truth is a Race coilover is not always the best choice for those who are driving thier FJ every day on the highway, and most do not realize how often some designs need to be rebuilt before they buy them and that some noise is actually acceptable.
Our new coilovers will definately perform suprizingly well in the off road terrain like Colorado and Moab have, as well as most states.
The Bilstein shock we are using is Maintenence free and sealed. The Bilstein name speaks for itself in the motorsports world.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Well said Doug, cant wait to read the review.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Can you list the price for a full suspension kit with medium rear springs and shocks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm definantly in on those.. I was just going to use the spacers but, I'm thinking I'll have to hold out for that free money from the gov't..

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Toytec, What is up with your web site? All your links give me this:

Directory has no index file.
Browsing this site or directory without an index file is prohibited.
If you are the site's webmaster, you can remedy this problem by creating a default HTML page with one of the following names:

index.html
index.htm
default.htm
Default.htm
home.html
Home.chtml
NOTE: Filenames are case sensitive, i.e., Home.html is not the same as home.html :mecry:

1 - 20 of 95 Posts