Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just pulled the trigger on a Toytec BOSS Aluma 2.0 with SPC UCAs

it will be installed the first part of February due to job travel. will follow up with pictures of before and after.

Going to a 17" Method MR310

285/75/17 Nitto Ridge Grappler

·
Registered
149 Posts
Be careful with Toytec. They are not what they pretend to be. I can tell you whats inside those coil overs. I had suspension issues with their springs they did not respond until I chased them. IMO it's better to buy from a local professional shop that will deal will any issues right away and honestly. You can buy the same products direct without going through them and you might get better service because Toytec drop ships. They are a distributor, not a manufacturer, so don't expect them to know what they are talking about. Do your own research and do not rely on what they tell you. Find other members who had a good installs or if not why.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Be careful with Toytec. They are not what they pretend to be. I can tell you whats inside those coil overs. I had suspension issues with their springs they did not respond until I chased them. IMO it's better to buy from a local professional shop that will deal will any issues right away and honestly. You can buy the same products direct without going through them and you might get better service because Toytec drop ships. They are a distributor, not a manufacturer, so don't expect them to know what they are talking about. Do your own research and do not rely on what they tell you. Find other members who had a good installs or if not why.
Please explain

·
Registered
211 Posts
This is an unfair assessment of a good company you purchased parts from. It’s really not their problem your chosen shop was incompetent and the fact you have chosen to complain and bash a company yet again for something they had nothing to do with is immature at best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
1,801 Posts
Just a FWIW . Radflo Does not manufacture the 2.5 shocks any longer . Elka makes them now . Elka has been around a long time in the ATV world . You can still buy Radflos but they are no longer Rebranded from Toytech . On that Note Toytech is a great company to deal with and have helped many many Fj owners

·
Forum Beer Miester
3,693 Posts
Just a FWIW . Radflo Do not manufacture the 2.5 shocks any longer . Elka Makes them now . Elka has been around a long time in the ATV world . You can still buy Radflos But they are no longer Rebranded from Toytech . On that Note Toytech is a great company to deal with and Have Helped many many Fj owners
Elka makes top of the line racing coil overs for sure, I had a killer set on my CT Racing 310R. Good to know.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I have been very happy with Toytec on the FJ, happy enough to put them under the new Tundra the week it came home. I did have a strut go bad around 2 1/2 years in. I called, we talked, I was happy with the outcome. It was way out of the warranty period and I feel they did the best they could for me.

I've called them a number of times and always received the help I was looking for, that can keep me coming back for more. Are they the BEST parts out there?, I doubt that, but they work for what I will ever use them for.

Remember, you are buying parts. Do your research, know what you are buying, make sure what you are buying fits what you are going to put them thru. If you pay a $1000 less for something, expect to get a $1000 less.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I've been running ToyTec's BOSS Performance 2.5" kit since around May 2017: 101Firedog's fire dog: ARCA9

In that time, I've gone airborne quite a bit, blown out one of the internal bump stops, and shredded another (which wasn't discovered until it was rebuild time). ToyTec's always been responsive and helpful over the phone, and they made good on their warranty when I came calling for it. My BOSS is Radflo shocks front & rear; in the later days of that model line they changed the internal bump stops from rubber to aluminum, and after my rebuild I haven't (to my knowledge) destroyed another one...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts