Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally got my Toytec lift kit installed. I decided to try out the 885/895E setup, FJ3-FRC. Everything went smooth and I am really happy with the results.

The FJ is now only 3/4 inch higher in the rear measuring at the wheelwells. I did not put in the 1/2 inch spacers yet, gonna wait until I get skids and a bumper.

LF - 38" RF - 38 1/4"
LR - 38 3/4" RR - 39"

Bug has bit and more mods to come.....

PB

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Lookin good :bigthumb:
What sliders do you have? Demello? Stock? I like how far they stick out.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
What size tire is on that? They look tall in the picture. Take a few more shot's of the slider's, I'm looking to replace my step boards with sliders & many of the ones I've seen, ex. stock sliders, stick out too far. I'd like to get the stock sliders they hug the rockers all the way down. The Ti. looks good with the lift. Almost like I'm looking at a pic. of my own Ti.. I also have a Toytec 3" lift, running 285 BFG A/T's. Wanted M/T's but that's another story... Looking good, what kind of bumper are you getting? Check another thread on "ROSTA"(I think that's the name) Skids, they cover the entire underside & look real good. Good luck with the Mod.'s.........

·
Registered
449 Posts
Nice
Good idea leaving the spacers off till you add the weight.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What size tire is on that? They look tall in the picture. Take a few more shot's of the slider's, I'm looking to replace my step boards with sliders & many of the ones I've seen, ex. stock sliders, stick out too far. Looking good, what kind of bumper are you getting?
Thanks Maxxfj.... the tires are Toyo Open Country AT's in 285/70/17.
I'll get some different shots of the Demello sliders so you can see how far they stick out.
Planning to go with a Demello bumper. I like his work, I've seen some guys abuse them and no damage except maybe a scratch.

Nice
Good idea leaving the spacers off till you add the weight.
Thanks ATXFJ, your TT is sweet and gotta say it pushed me to get my lift sooner rather than later..... :cheers:

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Nice set up, the FJ is looking good!!!:rocker:

·
Registered
22 Posts
PB07 FJ....Lookin good !! I was going to go with all EMU but after seeing your post I went ahead and ordered from Toytec. Since I'm not going to be putting on any weight in the front I went with the Light springs up front per their recommendation. I commute down 680 everyday from Pleasanton so if you see a Titanium with a Light bar in front that would be me. It looks like your picture is around Calaveras Rd/ Ohlone Wilderness area.

·
Registered
32 Posts
How is the ride? I just placed an order for the ToyTech lift today. I'm hoping the ride stays the same. I would have gone with just a spacer lift, but I want to eliminate the front end dive when I make a turn or come to a stop.

We are neighbors. I live in Hayward.

Take care.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Thanks.... :cheers:

They are Demello Hybrid sliders. They stick out about 2.5 to 3 inches, just enough to stand on to get at the roof rack.
Thanks for the pics. I wasn't sure if they were the Hybrid or Demello's new round tube ones. Demello's are definitely on my wish list.

I would have avoided this damage if the stock ones stuck out that much more.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice set up, the FJ is looking good!!!:rocker:
Thanks..... :cheers:

PB07 FJ....Lookin good !! I was going to go with all EMU but after seeing your post I went ahead and ordered from Toytec. Since I'm not going to be putting on any weight in the front I went with the Light springs up front per their recommendation. I commute down 680 everyday from Pleasanton so if you see a Titanium with a Light bar in front that would be me. It looks like your picture is around Calaveras Rd/ Ohlone Wilderness area.
Thanks EastBay, I'll keep my eye out for ya! That picture was up in Palomares Canyon.

How is the ride? I just placed an order for the ToyTech lift today. I'm hoping the ride stays the same. I would have gone with just a spacer lift, but I want to eliminate the front end dive when I make a turn or come to a stop.

We are neighbors. I live in Hayward.

Take care.
I wanted mine a little firmer than stock so I picked what is considered medium/heavy up front and OME 895 rears which are quite a bit firmer than Toytec springs. I am happy with what I got and don't think it is harsh at all. If you want a similar to stock ride, Toytec suggests going with their rear springs.

I'll keep an eye out for you too.....:wave:

·
Full -N- Down
641 Posts
Nice,
I ordered my Toytec OME 885/895 lift yesterday and can't wait for it to get here. I have a Lucrum front bumper and Warn M8000 winch with wire so I'm guessing I will just go ahead and put the 1/2" spacers in to begin with. Judging by your numbers things should end up pretty level. I'd like the rear to be slightly higher so it doesn't sag lower than the front when I tow my ATV trailer or tent trailer. Anyone out there running 885/895 with a lucrum front bumper and warn M8000? does it sit pretty level? Toytec's site says go with 885's if you have 110lbs of extra weight in the front and I'm sure the bumper and winch combine to at least that so I guess I'll be ok.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey EastBay FJ,

Check out Les Schwab tire store in Fremont, they told me they'd do mine for ~$200. I bought my tires there and have been real pleased with the quick service. The manager, Scott, is real good guy and a pleasure to deal with.

-PB

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It's easy to do, only take about 3-4 hours with the right tools. Hardest part is the compressing the springs to assemble the struts.

potatomutato is planning to install his Icon setup in a few weeks and we are probably gonna make a bbq out of it and help him.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I ordered a Toytech lift and it's comming in tomorrow. I called Scott at Les Schwab in Fremont and he quoted me an installation price of $270, including the alignment. He said the $200 price is based upon also buying tires. PB 07FJ is right - Scott seems like a real nice guy. The $270 price seems fair for someone who doesn't want to do it himself.

I have decided to install the lift myself. I have a bad back but I think I will survive. I don't have a spring compressor nor do I want to do that part of the install, so I went by the four wheel drive shop in Castro Valley and Eric said he'd install the new front springs for $40.00. That will simply things a bit and I'll go that route.

Take care.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.