Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sway A Way were the other rear springs recommended by toytec. Any reason you went with these over the toytec 2” lift rear springs?

No reason, just through my digging around I thought they would be best suited for what I was after in a setup paired with the 5160’s. Just a hunch, may or may not be correct. But, I do believe these are the same springs another well known company rebrands as their own.
But currently I’m enjoying the negative rake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Received the rear Toytec superflex 2” lift springs and installed tonight. FJ is leveled pretty even now. Thanks all for the help and pointers with the install.

Needing some new tires now, thinking I’ll go with the Falken Wild Peak AT in 285/70/17. Unless I could get away with 305/70/17?

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Welp, noticed some grease seeping from the inner cv boots small end a little on the driver side and a good amount of spray in the wheel well on the passenger ride. Searched the forum and found this a typical issue on lifted FJs. Got the recommended collars and installed both sides just on the inner boots small end. I did notice some cracking of the boot on the passenger side closest to the small end but it wasn’t clear that this was the source of the leak. Went for a drive and driver side looks to be good but passenger side is hemorrhaging grease. I may have damaged it during install of the coilovers or since I’m nearing 200k miles it may be time. Anyways anyone doing an install be careful with these during install. Gonna have to get new boots installed. Cheers!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts