Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had my lift installed today and im very happy with it the ride is just a little bit stiffer but not tooth jaring at all
its the 3 inch with the old man emu coils and rear shocks install was $500.00

·
Registered
750 Posts
SWEET :roller: Looks great! The wait for mine is killing me

So, you have the 895 springs in the rear? Tell us the whole set-up!

Kathie

·
Premium Member
11,613 Posts
Very nice, the more lifted rigs I see the more I want to lift mine. Still to chicken.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I like! And Toytech Too! I'll be doing the 2" front lift just to level the FJ out.
But your is HOT!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its 895 in the rear 884's front with 1/2" billit alum spacer up top of the strut
Subtotal: $519.98
Tax: $0.00
Shipping: $10.00
GrandTotal: $529.98
================================================== ==========
Order Details - Order ID: xxx
Qty | Item Number | Unit Price | Ext. Price | Product Description
1 FJ3-FRC $359.99 $359.99 3" lift FJ kit with coils

1 OMEN71E $159.99 $159.99 OME rear shocks
i should have measured it b4 and after it looks like more that 3 inches:clap:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the tires are 265 70 17 firestone destination mt's im pretty happy with them. i stuck with stock size for gearing reasons next set there should be gears available by then and ill go bigger

·
Registered
160 Posts
where did you get the tires and how much? Looks great!!!! do you regret going with the stiffer coil in the rear or do you love it? more info please I am about ready to do mine.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Plum Crazy said:
where did you get the tires and how much? Looks great!!!! do you regret going with the stiffer coil in the rear or do you love it? more info please I am about ready to do mine.
the tires are from the local firestone tire shop they were $230 each mounted balanced a little high priced but they are load range e
i love the ride i have no regrets couldnt be happier with the lift:blueblob:

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Titanium Looks Good Up There !!! Congrates !!!

·
Registered
702 Posts
PROPS DUDE! i cant wait til my cross country trip is over. then to add the muds and a lift. ahhhh. im jealous

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Looks great ShOV3L! Looks like you're really ready for Hollister this time. My OME lift is scheduled to arrive on Monday according to fine folks at UPS. I will be hanging out in my garage on Tuesday installing it.

BTW, what's is your concern with gearing and larger tires?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
karma said:
where did you have your lift done and are you happy with their work?
50-50 Muffler in belmont yes im happy with his work He is a small shop pretty much a 1 man show does alot of custom work has been there for 21 yrs

thanks everyone for the compliments:)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sbechtold said:
BTW, what's is your concern with gearing and larger tires?
4 lo just doesnt seem low enuff to me maybe it because i came from a chev 4spd granny box so for now i just didnt want to loose any crawling ability

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
sbechtold said:
My OME lift is scheduled to arrive on Monday according to fine folks at UPS. I will be hanging out in my garage on Tuesday installing it.

Not to be the bearer of bad news....I installed my OME kit (with the help of Toyotatech1) this evening and the 885 springs/N140S shocks rub against the sway bar. I am kinda pissed, now I have to pull it all off and figure something else out. I am not going to grind my sway bar down to squeeze these things in. I would check with OME and the place you purchased your setup to double check this prior to install, but I will know more tomorrow.

Again, I see no way this setup will work without rubbing on the sway-bar and I am not to keen on relocating or modifying it to accommodate the spring/strut setup. I guess All-Pro overcame this with an offset top bracket, OME dropped the ball here.

GSGMAC

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
shOV3L
Great pictures. I have the same toytec setup but with the custom rear coils.
Were you just like :jawdrop: after the lift was installed? I was.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts