Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi yall, id like to get an ARB bumper for my FJ but i am curious as to whether my lift can support it or not, i have the toytec ultimate 3 inch lift with bilstein 5100s. Let me know if yall got anything!

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,926 Posts
Give Toytec a call they’re super helpful. My opinion is that it will be too soft and your front will sag as the ARB is super heavy even without a winch but check with them You may be able to just upgrade the springs for minimum cost

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Give Toytec a call they’re super helpful. My opinion is that it will be too soft and your front will sag as the ARB is super heavy even without a winch but check with them You may be able to just upgrade the springs for minimum cost
Ok i think ill do that, thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok i think ill do that, thanks
Do you think that any other bumpers would work with that lift?

·
Premium Member
13,400 Posts
i would say it will depend on what springs you have ( 550, 600, 700lb etc).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i would say it will depend on what springs you have ( 550, 600, 700lb etc).
I honestly dont remember what springs i have, i know my rear springs are rated for a lot of weight, but a while back when i ordered the kit, (before i cared for a bumper) it never gave me an option for the front springs. So im not sure

·
Registered
460 Posts

I have the toytec sleeve over coil over and Bilstein 5100’s. I’ve had it for awhile before they came out with their Ultimate lift. But it seems to be the same thing. I also have front and rear ARB bumpers and a Warn winch. No front end sag I notice. If anything the rear sags a little when the cargo is loaded with stuff.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
View attachment 1147269
I have the toytec sleeve over coil over and Bilstein 5100’s. I’ve had it for awhile before they came out with their Ultimate lift. But it seems to be the same thing. I also have front and rear ARB bumpers and a Warn winch. No front end sag I notice. If anything the rear sags a little when the cargo is loaded with stuff.
Nice! So is it the toytec/bilstein lift with the 521600 coils?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Nice! So is it the toytec/bilstein lift with the 521600 coils?
Yes Toytec Sleeve over coilovers + Bilstein 5100's.

When I first bout the lift in 2008 all I bought where the Toytec sleeve over coilovers for the front and I think their super flex rear springs. Years later I broke one of the OEM shocks and upgraded all the shocks to the Bilstein 5100's.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes Toytec Sleeve over coilovers + Bilstein 5100's.

When I first bout the lift in 2008 all I bought where the Toytec sleeve over coilovers for the front and I think their super flex rear springs. Years later I broke one of the OEM shocks and upgraded all the shocks to the Bilstein 5100's.
Oh ok, sorry but just to clarify, your toytec coils are the 600lb coils?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Oh ok, sorry but just to clarify, your toytec coils are the 600lb coils?
I have no idea how many lbs the coils are. I think when I bought the sleeve overs there was no choice back in 2008 from Toytec. I think the idea was that since it’s adjustable then can adjust the height up if the weight is heavy. My FJ has 95,000 miles now and has been on various off-road trips and it all seems to be holding up fine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have no idea how many lbs the coils are. I think when I bought the sleeve overs there was no choice back in 2008 from Toytec. I think the idea was that since it’s adjustable then can adjust the height up if the weight is heavy. My FJ has 95,000 miles now and has been on various off-road trips and it all seems to be holding up fine.
Nice, yeah there wasnt a front coil option for mine either but they are himeight adjustable. Anyway thanks for the help man. Mine should be fine then

·
Premium Member
07 AT, 4WD, Toytec 3" Lift, SPC UCA's, Nitro 4:56 , ARB Front/Rear, Full Rack, 285/75/R18 NRG,
19 Posts
I just ordered an ARB Deluxe Bumper , ARB rear bumper and a Toytec Ultimate 3" lift. when I talked to the sales rep , he recommended the heavier 650 # coil overs and upgrading the rear to HD also. ! question I forgot to ask was if the stock skid plate will work with the new bumper.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just ordered an ARB Deluxe Bumper , ARB rear bumper and a Toytec Ultimate 3" lift. when I talked to the sales rep , he recommended the heavier 650 # coil overs and upgrading the rear to HD also. ! question I forgot to ask was if the stock skid plate will work with the new bumper.
Yeah, i added the hd rear coils, but it didnt have another option for the front

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,926 Posts
Yes I believe the front coils are 600lbs. An aluminium bumper is the best way to add minimal weight to the front but may not offer the protection required. My aluminium one weighs in about the same as the OE parts removed so the additional weight is the winch only

·
Premium Member
07 AT, 4WD, Toytec 3" Lift, SPC UCA's, Nitro 4:56 , ARB Front/Rear, Full Rack, 285/75/R18 NRG,
19 Posts
View attachment 1147269
Looks great, which roto-pax mount are you using?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts