Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't wait!

Thank's to the members for all the info.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Which lift did you get? Did you go with the new coilovers?

·
Registered
6,970 Posts
Ya, due to lots of info here, I went with the ToyTec myself.

I think you'll be happy. Post pics when you have it installed please.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went with spacers in front and OME springs in rear.

·
Banned
337 Posts
Never seen the point of mixing it with spacers and new springs...I have a Daystar 2.5" kit on on my TRD right now and love it, for 130$ it just can't be beat, but I'll prob be going to OME setup later on with RED springs and BLACK shocks to really make it look mean.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Congrats:clap:post some pics when you get it on!!!:cheers:

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I had Toytec 3" spacer lift installed last weekend. Did not have the time or help needed to do myself, & glad I let someone else do it. Dropped it off & picked it up. I had 285/70R17 BFG A/T's put on Monday. I love the look & ride, I think it's a tic stiffer than stock, but I like it. Not too much lift, Just enough. Are you installing yourself ? What size Tire's are you going to run ? You will be happy with the lift. If I knew how to post pic.'s, I would post them. Try to learn this weekend.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, I'm doing it myself.

When I ordered the kit, I didn't realize that the spacers don't go on top of the shock. I figured, if I'm going to take apart the shock, I should change the spring. Kirk at Toytec was very helpful in exchanging the spacers for OME front coils. He is sending the coils now and giving credit when he gets the spacers. I still have a chance to do the install this weekend.
:clap:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts