Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Toyota service center does not know how to change the PSI level from the factory setting of approx 33-34 psi for the warning system to alert me. With my new tires I want to change the system to 25 psi before the warning light comes on.

Does any one know the fix or work around on this?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Reset button, dash below steering wheel on the left
c/p

How to reset tire pressure warning light Toyota FJ Cruiser.
Reset tire pressure warning light Toyota FJ Cruiser. From year: 2012, 2013, 2014.

-Park the vehicle in safe place and turn the engine switch to the LOCK position

-Adjust the tire inflation pressure to the specified cold tire inflation pressure level. Make sure to adjust the tire pressure to the specified cold tire inflation . The tire pressure warning system will operate based on this pressure level.

-Turn the engine switch to the ON position.

-Press and hold the tire pressure warning reset switch until the tire pressure warning light blinks slowly 3 times.

-Wait for a few minutes with the engine switch on, and then turn the engine switch to the ACC or LOCK position.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, I have tried that twice with no results. I'll try it again and hope for better results.. I took it to an independent Toyota service shop yesterday and they couldn't figure it out either. My off road shop put his business card over the light and said that was his quick fix...

·
Registered
414 Posts
I posted the info from the manual and hadn't tested it until now.

I put key in ignition, set air pressure on 5 tires to 25lbs, turned key to On (not started) pressed the set button for a minutes (finger slipped off button, repressed) and the tire light flashed 3x, waited a couple of seconds turn key to lock , started vehicle and light was off at 25lbs , let some air out and light came on.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Can you get the light to go out when all the tires including spare are set to OEM values? It's possible you have a bad sensor or they have not been programmed properly.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, if I set the tires to 33psi or > the light goes off. I tried the reset in the owners manual several times today, the light still stays on when the engine is running.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts