Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

for starters i own a 2007 FJC 5 speed AT with off road package(atrac, rear diff lock)

I am about to do the Rear diff lock on demand hack but had some questions before i started cutting.

I already know of the search function. This is more to clarify the differences and pros and cons of the rear diff hack versus the VSC cancel switch.

I know the rear diff hack disables the VSC and ABS when the diff is activated, so what would be the benefit of choosing the VSC cancel switch instead? And is it possible to have both, so i can cancel the traction control while not locked if need be?

I KNOW OF THE FOLLOWING THREADS.
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/transmissions-transfer-cases-traction-aids/8018-install-vsc-cancel-switch.html by Ospreyguy

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/transmissions-transfer-cases-traction-aids/34823-rear-diff-lok-demand-hack.html by 31moppie

If anyone has any clearer instructions and pics for someone that has NO wiring experience. :thinkerg: I want this mod more than anything but i am so afraid to screw up my truck. I know how to find the blue box under the dash on the driver side, and that you have to cut a WHITE with BLUE stripe wire and something about a purple wire. But that is where i am nervous to cut. Because i have no idea what to do. Sorry for my ignorance, i know you wiring gurus are going to think im retarded.

I would prefer to have a switch to enable the diff lok on demand hack, so i can keep avoid the rear diff button being accidentally pressed during driving or washing and forgot about.

I really appreciate any help because i feel like a jackass not knowing how to do this and not enjoying the benefits. :cheers:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I see the views and i know there are others out there with the same interest as myself. If any one can point me in the direction of a more detailed thread, maybe something i havent seen already. I know it all seems really easy but not to me.

Thanks

·
Registered
290 Posts
Bump! I'm in the same boat as Silver Surfer and would like some insight!

·
Premium Member
2,266 Posts
Hello everyone,

for starters i own a 2007 FJC 5 speed AT with off road package(atrac, rear diff lock)

I am about to do the Rear diff lock on demand hack but had some questions before i started cutting.

I already know of the search function. This is more to clarify the differences and pros and cons of the rear diff hack versus the VSC cancel switch.

I know the rear diff hack disables the VSC and ABS when the diff is activated, so what would be the benefit of choosing the VSC cancel switch instead? And is it possible to have both, so i can cancel the traction control while not locked if need be?

I just wanted to bump this thread and ask if anyone has performed both of

I KNOW OF THE FOLLOWING THREADS.
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/transmissions-transfer-cases-traction-aids/8018-install-vsc-cancel-switch.html by Ospreyguy

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/transmissions-transfer-cases-traction-aids/34823-rear-diff-lok-demand-hack.html by 31moppie

If anyone has any clearer instructions and pics for someone that has NO wiring experience. :thinkerg: I want this mod more than anything but i am so afraid to screw up my truck. I know how to find the blue box under the dash on the driver side, and that you have to cut a WHITE with BLUE stripe wire and something about a purple wire. But that is where i am nervous to cut. Because i have no idea what to do. Sorry for my ignorance, i know you wiring gurus are going to think im retarded.

I would prefer to have a switch to enable the diff lok on demand hack, so i can keep avoid the rear diff button being accidentally pressed during driving or washing and forgot about.

I really appreciate any help because i feel like a jackass not knowing how to do this and not enjoying the benefits. :cheers:
I just wanted to bump this thread and ask if anyone has performed both the rear diff hack and the VSC hack?

From what I have gathered the rear diff hack locks the locker and disables Trac and VSC.

The VSC hack disables Trac and VSC but leaves the rear diff open.

Both of these hacks are desirable but the question is will they both work together without any conflict?

Thanks!

Jim

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Yes they DO work together as perfect as you would expect. And good news is you can have a switch for the diff lock hack, just add a switch that connects/disconnects the grounding wire.

·
Premium Member
2,266 Posts
Thanks I just ordered the switch. I already did the Atrac and Rear Diff Hack.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts