Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced my stock exhaust with a bolt on Rebel Series Stainless Steel Cat-Back Exhaust from aFe. Ever since I replaced it, my check engine and traction control lights came on. I found out the check engine light is on because of the emissions. I figured it might be the O2 sensors because i went through and made sure all the bolts were tight, but I'm not 100% certain so any other ideas are much appreciated.

Also the traction control light came on at the same time and I can't seem to find anything that I might've unplugged or hit. The only place I have looked so far was all along the exhaust. Does anyone have any ideas on what or where I need to look? Is it possible it could be a fuse or something and its just a coincidence that they came on at the same time?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
889 Posts
It's always worth a try to disconnect the battery for a minute, and see if that resets it.

Reactions: Sparky of NWO

·
Premium Member
854 Posts
Search P0420 and P0430 fault codes here. The traction control is disabled with this emissions fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So unfortunately unhooking my battery didn't work so I'm on to check the O2 sensors. How do I know which ones to check and what's the difference between them?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts