Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I have been following the discussion (s) regarding traction control with interest. Living in Colorado, getting around in snow is important.
Today I re-visited the toyota.com/cruiser/specs/safety features site. It seems to indicate that the Star safety system includes traction control as standard on 2wd vehicles only. It looks like, though, in the "available options" section, that traction control can be purchased separately for 4wd vehicles without having to buy the whole upgrade package. Specifically, it says "traction control (trac)(auto LSD)(standard on 2wd only); off-road traction control (4wd available)....available option..traction control (4wd only)".
To me the issue will be one's ability to special order such a thing anytime soon when the initial builds will mostly be those with upgrade packages.
This is a great forum. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
it's certainly confusing and it's something I really need to find out about. It says LSD on 2wd and then standard on 2wd only, which could also be interpreted as 2wd has the LSD only, and the 4wd does not (but still has rear trac?). arrrrgh!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts