Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 fj cruiser that I have chrome rims and chrome back bumpers, front bumpers, grille, door handles and bully bar. I'd like to trade for all black items

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
Sorry not wanting to trade....
but, You have chrome front/rear bumpers?? I dont think Ive ever seen that. Pics??

·
Registered
196 Posts
^^^ Definitely!! Pics please!

·
Registered
2,698 Posts

It hurts your eyes. Like seeing your dad naked...:huh:

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Have you tried to remove the chrome pieces?

I'd be willing to bet that for some of the parts, it is just stuck on or clipped on. Like the mirrors, there is no way they replace the entire mirror. It has to be just a cover. I'd be willing to bet the exact same for the door handles, and bumper ends. The grill might be a whole new piece.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Have you tried to remove the chrome pieces?

I'd be willing to bet that for some of the parts, it is just stuck on or clipped on. Like the mirrors, there is no way they replace the entire mirror. It has to be just a cover. I'd be willing to bet the exact same for the door handles, and bumper ends. The grill might be a whole new piece.
X2. For the cost of these putco things, there is no way they replace, they have to be stuck on there. Try to pull it off, if it is "glued" on, take a heat gun (or a hairdryer will work in a pinch) and heat up the piece and try to pull it off. My money is your have bone stock under most of that.

And if that doesn't work, they're just plastic (at least I believe this to be true) just paint that sh!t. Good luck. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
If they don't come of consider sanding them down to paint them. I'd be willing to bet that hundreds of people have painted their bezel and/or mirrors and/or wings etc...

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
What's that thing on the hood? Does it serve any purpose?

·
Registered
2,698 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
You might just try to buy the parts. Not many guys around here are looking for chrome. There are quite a lot of the exact pieces you need for sale weekly on here. They might not be black, but it is very easy to paint them.

·
Registered
190 Posts
From Putco website:

complete chrome accessory kits
Packages include chrome trim accessories designed specifically for your vehicle!
Made of Automotive Grade ABS Chrome; long lasting material designed to withstand the rigors of the elements.
Matches OEM Chrome perfectly. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Whats the deal with this? what OEM Chrome, hahahahaha
Installs via pre-applied Red 3M™ tape.
All parts are no drilling, no cutting, and easily installed in seconds!
Priced Right!!! No other product on the market like it.
Putco quality at a competitive price.

Just heat gun it and peel :rocker:

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Yep, thats what I thought.

·
Registered
8,955 Posts

It hurts your eyes. Like seeing your dad naked...:huh:[/quote]

Why would you be looking at my dad naked ?.... :eek:

:rofl:

:bump: BUMP FOR OP, I understand why you want to Get Rid of the chrome !...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You might just try to buy the parts. Not many guys around here are looking for chrome. There are quite a lot of the exact pieces you need for sale weekly on here. They might not be black, but it is very easy to paint them.
yeah when i bought the fj it was more style than performance. but i got a really good deal i could not pass on it. i figured id sell the chrome nd make it how i wanted it

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
yeah when i bought the fj it was more style than performance. but i got a really good deal i could not pass on it. i figured id sell the chrome nd make it how i wanted it
Well there you go. Rip that sh!t off, buy some double sided tape, so that it is ready to install out of the box, and put it up on ebay.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Why would you be looking at my dad naked ?.... :eek:

:rofl:

:bump: BUMP FOR OP, I understand why you want to Get Rid of the chrome !...
He paid me good money... duh. :mecry:

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts