Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, went to take a long look at the TTSE. Now I am having the urge to trade mine in, lol. Yes, me, the person who once said they were not worth what they are asking for them................

Someone talk me out of it before I do it, lol

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
stick with what you have now Marine

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts
When you get it this week, you can then join us at Coal Creek for the SE TTORA event with the Toyota Trail Team & get you one of those pretty grill badges. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
739 Posts
what did you do with your TRD black wheels?

I am not sure I could do it If I were you, yours looks pretty sweet. My buddy paul might be interested in yours thought if you decide to sell.

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what did you do with your TRD black wheels?

I am not sure I could do it If I were you, yours looks pretty sweet. My buddy paul might be interested in yours thought if you decide to sell.
I have a Voodoo Blue. It had Mickey Thompson Classic Locks on it when I bought it. I think you have me and Terry mixed up, he has a TRD SE.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I DARE you!

·
Registered
47 Posts
FJ Marine,

You can look but not touch. They are going to rape you on the trade. Even though they can't sell the lot model due to gas. The dealers are killing people trying to trade gas guzzlers. Beleive me I already looked athe the same thing. I have friends seeing 40k land rovers trading for 27k. Buy the way if the never sell that unit it will just be revined for next year.

·
Registered
458 Posts
if you have money to throw away... go ahead.
if i were you i'd wait til at least next year... when most likely the fj will have much more improvements and for sure you will see a ton of se's for sale in the sale section... just like this year.
lata-

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
...or just drive under a large flock of birds a few times.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Do you think its, over 25 to 30k? Depends on how much you owe and what they would give you. You know they always screw you over, on a trade you owe on.

·
Banned
3,591 Posts
You listen here Marine.......

DO IT!!!!!!!!:rofl:

It's just money and FJ #2 is a great feeling!!!!! It was for me anyways:lol:

·
Registered
851 Posts
If you can afford it and you really wanna do it, check and see how much more it will cost you to trade it in than to sell it outright.

Also ask yourself some questions: What is it about the TTSE that is so much better than your current VooDoo? If you have to take a hickey, will it be big enough to give you buyer's remorse, or will you even care in 3 months? Will you have buyer's remorse if you go for it now, and in a few months the 2009 comes out with some extra cool features that you've always wanted?

I think to each his own, you just have to figure out what's right for you and how much $$ you can stomach when taking a loss. Sometimes it's worth it, and sometimes it's not.

Good Luck!

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You listen here Marine.......

DO IT!!!!!!!!:rofl:

It's just money and FJ #2 is a great feeling!!!!! It was for me anyways:lol:
Great another crack dealer.....:rofl:

Ok, here is ther deal........

I bought my VooDoo used and got a great deal. I will break even on the trade but will pay full stickeron the TT (which is to be expected on a TT). It's more about the fact that it's a SE than the color itself, although the all white is hot. If I were to apply any type of paint to the one I have now it wouldbe something noone has or I would Linex the entire exterior VooDoo (minus the roof). The only thing I will be out is a 3" lift that I paid nothing for.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts