Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a little over 8 months since I traded in my voodoo blue for a 4dr. honda civic ex. I don't regret it at all. I'm averaging 33 to 35 mpg. It's true that the civic doesn't have the same fun factor but the overall savings in fuel cost and car payments make it worth while for me. We have a ford expedition, but it just stays parked in the garage. Are you guys driving your fjs less. It seems that I don't see as many suv on the road, including the fj.

Ps I still 4wheel with my 85 4runner:cheers:

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Nope, don't drive any less.

·
Registered
852 Posts
It's been a little over 8 months since I traded in my voodoo blue for a 4dr. honda civic ex. I don't regret it at all. I'm averaging 33 to 35 mpg. It's true that the civic doesn't have the same fun factor but the overall savings in fuel cost and car payments make it worth while for me. We have a ford expedition, but it just stays parked in the garage. Are you guys driving your fjs less. It seems that I don't see as many suv on the road, including the fj.

wowwwwwww!!!!!! HONDA CIVIC!!!!!!!!!!wwwwwoooooohhhhhoooooooooo!!!!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
I drive mine very chance I get, it is my everyday driver. Have to admit, I don't see to many FJ's on the road either. I had a honda accord before my FJ, I still haven't gotten used to the difference in mileage. It seems like my FJ is a bottomless pit when it comes to gas having driven the accord for 6 years. Can see why you got the civic. The gas is killing me, but I love the vehicle. Who knows what I will do as gas prices increase, hope to keep my FJ though

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I just drive the FJ less, and it bothers me slightly, but the way I look at it is I want to keep this forever so the 40 miles a day I would put on by commuting is out the window.

·
Texican
8,570 Posts
Still drive mine, fill up once every week. I love the truck and until gas is literally eating me out of house and home I will still be driving it around (and if necessary over) all the little Civics.

Make some sacrifices elsewhere to make the $30-$50/month gas increase, don't change your lifestyle for a few trips to Starcrap's and beers out with friends.

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
Still drive mine, fill up once every week. I love the truck and until gas is literally eating me out of house and home I will still be driving it around (and if necessary over) all the little Civics.

Make some sacrifices elsewhere to make the $30-$50/month gas increase, don't change your lifestyle for a few trips to Starcrap's and beers out with friends.
I agree 100%!

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
I don't drive my Fj any less either, actually i think i drive it more than my other cars.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I still love mine.I doe's hurt filling it up but wouldn't change vehicle.I stopped going to stabucks and make coffee at home.So i think things even out.Gas is high but $5 gal Vs $4.45 a Caffè Latte which is around $35 per gal:rofl:

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
We also bought a Civic....2008 EX with nav and leather. It's a great car and has taken over for a lot of the trips that we used to take the FJ.
Yeah, we just bought a diesel MT Passat wagon (w/ nav & leather) over here, and sadly I must admit that many of our trips in Europe will be in that, instead of my FJ. It gets more than double the mpg, and I guess some of you know the cost of gas in Europe... :eek:

·
Registered
108 Posts
I did the opposite back when I bought my FJ. Traded in my civic and haven't looked back since. But then again I only commute 5 miles to work. But, if I had to commute further, I'd just ride the motorcycle, gets about the same mileage as the civic.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
It's my daily driver. I take the wife's BMW for trips that doesn't need the FJ. I do drive it a bit less. Trips are more planned out instead of just jump in and go.

·
Registered
386 Posts
To save money, I decided to loose my wife's 5 series BMW(Well, her lease was up) and got her A4..
That's how I save money..:p Payment and Gas..

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts

That funny! I traded in my 06 civic to get the 07 FJ. I do miss the miles per gallon that the civic gave me. I was getting about 32 miles per gallon with the civic.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
I was about to flame you til i saw that you still wheel with a 4x4. I thought you just gave it all up with trading in the FJ.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Using the FJ more and more, it's a DD so have to drive it.:rocker:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts