Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked at my black 2007 4Runner through my office window a few days before my birthday, and although it was a great vehicle for the year that I owned it; it didn't excite me at all. So I passed by the Toyo dealer nearby next morning (with no plans) and saw this FJ out front...(which I never see any used ones for sale there). The rest is obvious so I'll give you the short story...

...left that same night with a great deal, lower interest rate, shorter term on the loan and an FJ Cruiser on my birthday. Conservative looking 4Runner out the door...

I LOVE IT !! - :clap:

Little upset because my spare got stolen shortly after a bought it :mecry: (procrastinated a bit too long on the lock lugs); I'll get over it when I put a new one on there lock to the hilt with some of the great ideas I got on this forum.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Welcome aboard.:wave:

·
Premium Member
16,931 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new rig!....:cheers:

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Welcome & congrats on your self-imposed B-Day present.!!!!

Don't feel to bad about having your spare stolen - the loser must've been REALLY desperate to take the stock street tire - he obviously needed it more than you.

And the big PLUS is, now you only have to sell 4 "bling" rims and 4 sh!tty tires when you get real wheels & tires.

...............just trying to put a positive spin on it for ya!

Jerry:cheers:

·
fka luvshisfj
2,069 Posts
Welcome aboard...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And the big PLUS is, now you only have to sell 4 "bling" rims and 4 sh!tty tires when you get real wheels & tires.
...............just trying to put a positive spin on it for ya!
...it was strange for someone to take one rim and tire; I'm not ready financially for the new rims and tires yet but I did think about that for a minute.

Positive spin appreciated...

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
congrats and welcome to the gang.

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
Howdy!

My dad bought a brand new '59 VW while I was a wee one. We were at relatives for Christmas, it was raining like crazy when it was time to go. No one in sight anywhere and good neighborhood. Dad took me out to the car to warm it up. He fired it up and let it idle and he popped the front trunk, then thru some food leftovers in there and put the trunk down without locking it. We ran back in the rain to get the presents to take home, and back out the car a few moments later, and the friken spare tire is gone from the trunk--food left behind. Blew me away even as a pre-schooler. Dad and I owned lots of VWs in following years, and it became a custom of ours to buy a short piece of chain, bolt it to the gas tank flange, and run it thru the tire with a padlock.

Tire jerks everywhere, and throughout time.....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Howdy!
Dad took me out to the car to warm it up. He fired it up and let it idle
Wow Yosef. Incredible that he didn't take the car...

"Tire Jerk" is a great name...that is officially how I will refer to the tire jerk that left me with a bare back door (still looking foe deals on a rim and tire). Amazingly enough I found someone selling ONE RIM in Hialeah, FL...I can't help but wonder if that's the tire jerk...probably not!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

1 - 18 of 18 Posts