Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
* update with pic* trading up from a tacoma!

hey all. :wave: i am a member over at tacomaworld and i am trading in my 2008 trd sport tacoma for a 2007 silver fj cruiser. im siked about it and hopefully ill have it by Tuesday! i'm from long island new york any other long islanders here?

179089_1762245772523_1130435976_2070995_1750514_n.jpg

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
hey all. :wave: i am a member over at tacomaworld and i am trading in my 2008 trd sport tacoma for a 2007 silver fj cruiser. im siked about it and hopefully ill have it by Tuesday! i'm from long island new york any other long islanders here?
Congrats! I'm going to Citrus next weekend ...probally with some of your Taco buddies from Tacoma.com :cheers:

Hope it all works out and your in your new FJ... :cheers:

·
Premium Member
16,788 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
What didn't you like about the Taco? I've thought about doing the direct opposite and trading in for a Tacoma. I'd love to hear your reasons.

·
Registered
146 Posts
What didn't you like about the Taco? I've thought about doing the direct opposite and trading in for a Tacoma. I'd love to hear your reasons.
I had a 4-cyl Taco, which was fine when I lived in Mass. but when I moved to Colorado the mt passes were just too much. Decided on a v-6, either Taco or FJ. I rarely if ever used the bed on the taco and the FJ rode much nicer. I like having the inside storage now too.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well its a combination of things really. first off i always loved the fj's but at the time i got my taco i needed a pick up. however in the 3 years i have had it and only 37000 miles i have had blower motor, front diff. front driver side wheel bearing, transfercase, tranny mount, and now a new transmission. i dont think tacos are bad but i just think i had a lemon.

·
fka luvshisfj
2,069 Posts
Welcome aboard...

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Check out the FJ Northeasters, pretty large club with some great people. Here is a link to their site.

FJ Northeasters - Index

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yep, me too! Traded in my 07 Tacoma Double Cab for my 08 FJC. Wasn't using the bed very often and wanted more enclosed cargo space. Plus I now have a 4WD vehicle that I really wanted (even if I don't use it often).

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
would be sweet if your Tacoma was RR. I made the exact same trade a few weeks ago. '08 TRD DC Sport for '07 FJC 4x4 Silver
trippy :lol:

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Hello & Welcome!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts