Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year I had a web site that gave the trail conditions for the Ouray area and I cannot find it. does anyone have it to pass along. Thanks

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
One possibility is Bushducks.

It's the one most of the COFJs refer to, and after we've run a trail early in the season (and/or as it goes along and we watch the snow melt, etc), we often send them an update so they can post it to help others.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thanks for the site link. I've never run across this one before. Very informative.

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
another one, which is not updated nearly as often but gives you a good idea of what you are getting into is TrailDamage.com

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
One possibility is Bushducks.

It's the one most of the COFJs refer to, and after we've run a trail early in the season (and/or as it goes along and we watch the snow melt, etc), we often send them an update so they can post it to help others.
Hey, thanks for that link. Never heard of it before but looks good. I'll try to dismiss the fact that it appears to be for Landies. ; )

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have been watching the above mentioned sites and am getting anxious about black bear being open for the summit. We were only able to go part way last year and really want to experience the whole trail. Any word from the locals?

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
I have been watching the above mentioned sites and am getting anxious about black bear being open for the summit. We were only able to go part way last year and really want to experience the whole trail. Any word from the locals?
Even with the crap winter it is still too early for black bear

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
Even with the crap winter it is still too early for black bear
Indeed.
Even on high snow years, it's really not practical to start watching for reports very closely on Black Bear until July. Don't worry though, unless there is some kind of crazy construction project going on that they decide to carry over into later in July, there's almost no way it will be closed this year.

See the thread where this specific thing (whether or not Black Bear will be open for Summit this year) has already been discussed quite a bit, here. :cheers:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
checked the trail conditions and it shows Black Bear and Imogene open. Now I am getting excited as I start the prep and packing for Moab and the summit

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Just to confirm, all the roads that we run for FJ Summit are open, so we are good to go for this year. No having to find alternatives like last year. :cheers:

Also, it is worth mentioning, if any of you do not feel like running an official FJ Summit trail, and want to go out on your own to go exploring, there are a lot of great trails out there that we can't run because of permitting issues.

If you want to know what some of those are, please feel free to stop by the best western and ask any of the Summit volunteer staff. There are truly some great trails out there that we just can't run 250 vehicles on - but are fantastic trails - and some of my personal favorites.

:rocker:

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
And just remember, no FIRES! This state is one big giant fire right now and we don't need anymore

1 - 12 of 12 Posts