Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
How come you didn't post this in the Trail section?

Monitoring your own language on the CB/ham radio may not be second nature, but some people in hearing range may have kids with them - be aware that any foul language you're using is being heard by them too.
They need to add jibber jabber to this CB rule too. I don't go out to listen to people yammer about nonsense on the radio! Unless you are pointing out dinosaurs, shush! :D

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
It brings up a question I posted about earlier today about trail braiding. First the article stated that we should tread lightly and drive over and not around obstacles, the at the end of the article the writer says Leave your ego at home. Don’t let others pressure you into doing something you’re not comfortable doing. There is nothing wrong with taking a bypass if you or your vehicle is not up to tackling an obstacle.
So it all comes down to experience and common sense, do your best to stay on the trail unless you see the attempt ending in disaster.
:surprise

·
Admin
6,582 Posts
How come you didn't post this in the Trail section?

Agreed.

Looks like a good article so I've moved it to the Trails section.

Thanks for posting this @81N4RY
:cheers:

·
Admin
6,582 Posts
It brings up a question I posted about earlier today about trail braiding. First the article stated that we should tread lightly and drive over and not around obstacles, the at the end of the article the writer says Leave your ego at home. Don’t let others pressure you into doing something you’re not comfortable doing. There is nothing wrong with taking a bypass if you or your vehicle is not up to tackling an obstacle.
So it all comes down to experience and common sense, do your best to stay on the trail unless you see the attempt ending in disaster.
:surprise
Lots of trails have built in bypasses.
Whenever I take out someone that is new I make sure to tell them that it's ok to say No if they are not comfortable continuing on.
I've had people ride shotgun with me for the rest of a trail and I have also driven someone's FJ up an obstacle that they were too nervous to attempt (it was the only way back out of the trail).

·
Registered
9,681 Posts
Good info. I wasnt totally aware of the "how many rigs are behind me" hand signals, and I am sure many are not, but it does make sense!.

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good info. I wasnt totally aware of the "how many rigs are behind me" hand signals, and I am sure many are not, but it does make sense!.
So many ways this could go wrong... if you don't know the hand signals.
Say you encounter 2 Jeeps on the trail, and the driver in the first one holds up his index finger.
You might think he was suggesting "Jeep is #1 !" So you're like hey man, WTF?
Then the guy behind him is waving his fist in the air you might think "what's that guy's problem?".

:wink

·
Premium Member
2,477 Posts
I have also driven someone's FJ up an obstacle that they were too nervous to attempt (it was the only way back out of the trail).

"Hold my beer!", Watch this!!! :lol:

J.K. That is pretty cool of you to do :cheers:

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I`m happy to say I knew and use almost all of it the only thing I wasn`t sure of was who had the right of way on a steep hill side. I kinda of thought the one going up did but i`ve had many come by me going down and I got out of the way ( I was going up ) so maybe they didn`t know :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts