Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 227 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Trail-Gear Inc is happy to announce our new transfer case skid plate for the FJ Cruiser. We are going to give a way a complete skid plate kit to one lucky FJ Cruiser Forum member. To enter to win just post up a reply to this thread, one post per person. Feel free to include photos that show why you might need the protection of a heavy duty skid plate. A winner will be chosen on Friday May 9th 2008.

Product Details:

Serious off-road protection for your transfer case and exhaust. Heavy duty design takes impacts and directs the force up to the frame, away from expensive drive train components. Skid plate is made from 3/16" plate steel and attaches to the frame via 1.5" .120 tubing. Bolt on installation utilizing existing threaded mounting points on the frame. Protects both the transfer case and the exhaust crossover tube. Powdercoated gloss black finish, ready to install. Kit includes mounting hardware and instructions. Kit price $249

Trail-Gear Inc > FJ-Cruiser Products

Chris Geiger
Trail-Gear Marketing Manager

·
Texican
8,570 Posts
I will post pics here later as I have no skids and the damage underneath from a trip to Katemcy Rocks a few months ago is VERY evident!

Thanks for the oppertunity to get some free stuff Trail Gear and thanks for my awesome Rock Sliders that helped protect my bodywork from getting damaged!

I thought I was going to lift off here...

...and Trail Gear Sliders protected me from things like this...

...on this little walk...

EDIT:

I forgot about this climb where I was dragging bottom and had to get tugged over the top...

...and in this video you can hear why I love taking my kids with me, listen at the very end, "Cool!"...

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
I'm in for a transfer case skid! Thanks Trail Gear

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Thanks Trail Gear! I have a set of your sliders and I love them. About 10% of my driving is off road, mostly during vacations up north and out west. Right now I have no protection underneath and your new transfer case skid plate would be great protection for my FJ. Nice looking product!

·
Registered
243 Posts
I like it, I myself am still skidless,i'm waiting for the right product to add to my ride. Not too many rocks around, but I want to protect my investment. It seems to want to take a beating!:ninja:

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
I'll put my name into the hat. :)

Dragging the underbelly over some rocks in AZ.

·
Registered
221 Posts
no skids and need 'em BAD...this would be a start :wave:

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
I am not sure I can write you anything to convince you on why I should get the full skid plate setup from you....but I can offer why not. LOL

1. I dont wheel in MOAB or RUBICON though not sure that is reason enough as there are plenty of railroad ties, stumps, rocks, old pieces of machinery left over in the woods and swamps of my area due to logging, farming, or just dumping by individuals.

2. I have made my choice when I buy them with my own money as either BudBuilt (for heavy duty protection and customer service) or RASTA (to save a little weight while still providing excellent protection for undercarriage) being my current choices...plus I have BudBuilt rock sliders so know his quality work already. This being said, if I was given the free setup I would be someone unbiased towards your product that would test it and give it a good thorough review as to the pro and cons of the setup. It being free I would not feel the need to justify the expenditure of cash to my wife, children, dog or others here...it would be just me against the skid plates. If I kept them it would be a testament to your quality and service. If I offered them up for FREE to someone else if they pay the shipping it would only show I still prefer the Rasta or BudBuilt over your product...but I would not attempt to sell them as I did not pay for them.

3. I dont sugar coat much of anything...I say what is on my mind and try to look at products for the average or intended users point of view. A guy that slams down 3 foot ledges onto boulders the size of a medicine ball will have a different need than someone plowing through snow or sand with an occasional stump mishap in the woods. I may surmise that on opposite extremes of the spectrum that only specific products will work...but most of us fall into the middle 60% where HVY DTY is not needed every day but when it is needed...it is able to withstand the punishment.

The pic was taken a couple days after geting FJ....nothing hardcore but I do hunt and camp and wheel when I have the opportunity and have gotten stuck and hung up on stumps in mudholes more than a few times in my 45 years. Thanks for the time to pontificate and tell you why I am not a good choice for your product and subsequent review as such...LMAO

·
Registered
929 Posts
I could really use a set of skids!! My undercarriage takes hits from a variety of obsticals, as seen below. The first picture is the second day of ownership and the second picture is a real nice high center shot. Thanks for the consideration!

:clap:

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I'll put my name into the hat. :)
Give it to Jeshua!!! I've wheeled with the guy and he's good peeps :rocker:

Congrats on the new product! I hope you develop more skids to protect the entire underbelly.

That TG logo is very SAAAWEEEEEEEET!

Thanks for the give-a-way oppotunity :bigthumb:

·
Registered
338 Posts
They would match my Sliders from you guys!!!!!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Count me in on the give-away!

I've heard nothing but great things about your rock rails and now you're bringing more product to the table.

Thanks for the give-away.

P.S. I never win anything!

1 - 20 of 227 Posts